Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kriegsmarine Leather Coat/ Wittmann Panzer style

Hey guys,

I seen this for sale been after a Wittmann Normandy coat for a while.

What do you guys think? I dont think these are faked but who knows these days.
    So i come seeking some advice.
    These are the only pics i have ATM but i've asked for more

RK
    Attached Files

Looks like a genuine Kriegsmarine coat. These were sometimes worn by the SS, including by Wittmann, and SS Hitler Jugend in Normandy. However if the leather coat is not attributable to an SS soldier, then there's really no way of saying it's SS related.

If you are looking to buy a leather coat, you are just as far ahead to pay for one at a Kriegsmarine price and dress it up as you like with an SS Normandy motif. Just don't try and sell it as some kind of authentic SS Normandy attributable piece later on!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
      Looks like a genuine Kriegsmarine coat. These were sometimes worn by the SS, including by Wittmann, and SS Hitler Jugend in Normandy. However if the leather coat is not attributable to an SS soldier, then there's really no way of saying it's SS related.

If you are looking to buy a leather coat, you are just as far ahead to pay for one at a Kriegsmarine price and dress it up as you like with an SS Normandy motif. Just don't try and sell it as some kind of authentic SS Normandy attributable piece later on!
      Yeah just looking for one as the SS Panzer wore them in Normandy, I know they are Kriegsmarine coats, what sort of price do they go for?

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
        Yeah just looking for one as the SS Panzer wore them in Normandy, I know they are Kriegsmarine coats, what sort of price do they go for?
        Just so we are clear though, the SS DID wear Kriegsmarine coats. Many of the SS though modified them for wear in the tanks. An attributable modified SS leather coat with provenance would go for big $, imo. However, I recently saw a Kriegsmarine Coat and Pant set for about $1,000.

Comment

Just so we are clear though, the SS DID wear Kriegsmarine coats. Many of the SS though modified them for wear in the tanks. An attributable modified SS leather coat with provenance would go for big $, imo. However, I recently saw a Kriegsmarine Coat and Pant set for about $1,000.
          No way to prove a coat was worn in a SS Panzer but i like them and there cheap so was going to try and pick one up

Comment

So the coat is original then? im trying to get more pics

Comment

more shots
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have a fully attributed piece from a friend of mine who got it at the end of 1943/beg 1944, using it at Schitomir already. He served with the Div. staff of the LAH then.

I like the one posted, but it's practically impossible to determine whether used by SS or KM. Buttons can be easily changed...

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                    I have a fully attributed piece from a friend of mine who got it at the end of 1943/beg 1944, using it at Schitomir already. He served with the Div. staff of the LAH then.

I like the one posted, but it's practically impossible to determine whether used by SS or KM. Buttons can be easily changed...
                    Yeah im not saying it was used as panzer but as long as its WW2 original i would be happy with it. Could look nice with a SS Panzer M43 set up.

Really that sounds like a nice jacket and story

Comment

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
                      Yeah im not saying it was used as panzer but as long as its WW2 original i would be happy with it. Could look nice with a SS Panzer M43 set up.

Really that sounds like a nice jacket and story

Sure, it'll look great with an M43. All the sets one sees in other collections are 99.9 pct un-attributed anyhow.

I love mine. It's neat, nothing fancy, but coming from a friend who wore it as a windbreaker thru Schitomir, Normandy and the Ardennes is nice. He inscribed the jacket on the inside and I have a photo with him wearing it.

Anyway good luck with the purchase.

Cheers,
                      Markus

Comment

Sure, it'll look great with an M43. All the sets one sees in other collections are 99.9 pct un-attributed anyhow.

I love mine. It's neat, nothing fancy, but coming from a friend who wore it as a windbreaker thru Schitomir, Normandy and the Ardennes is nice. He inscribed the jacket on the inside and I have a photo with him wearing it.

Anyway good luck with the purchase.

Cheers,
                        Markus
                        Yeah i wanted one even just to store.. Yeah also i guess there is noway to tell who wore it unless it was direct from a vet.

Comment

Prominent post-war use of these leather jackets. (Jochem Peiper)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Prominent post-war use of these leather jackets. (Jochem Peiper)
                            Great photos Markus. One difference are the buttons/shoulder boards versus the jacket shown.

Comment

Great photos Markus. One difference are the buttons/shoulder boards versus the jacket shown.
                              Yes, naturally the shoulderboard loops and buttons (improvised in the first place) were taken off for post war civilian use.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X