Reddick Tire Track Fake Cufftitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddick Tire Track Fake Cufftitles

I picked up a couple of cuff titles a while back, and after some research, i pegged them as the Reddick Tire Track Fakes. One of the two was much easier to diagnose than the other, but i am pretty confident of it. They had both been sewn to a uniform and still had plenty of thread stitched through them from attachment. As i was removing this thread, i did a quick burn test and the attachment thread melted. I also did a test on a bit of the frayed ends of the titles and they both checked out as cotton with no melting. So, my question is, how long ago did Reddick produce these fakes, and should the Reddick fakes be made of pre synthetic thread. I appreciate the help.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Hi Jeremiah, I can't put an exact date on them myself but they definitely pre-date his later attempts at BeVo mechine-woven cufftitles which are far closer to the real thing, having the ~,~,~,~, reverse borders instead of the ............... as it should be.

Hope that helps, Ian.

Comment

Thank you Ian. I was surprised to find that they weren't made of synthetic thread.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Comment

Originally posted by theepiphanynow View Post
        I was surprised to find that they weren't made of synthetic thread.
        Indeed, I always assumed they were polyester

Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X