No announcement yet.

WAREI SS Zeltbahn Platane Nr.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be sure to weigh the weighing machine and please wear a tin foil hat while doing it.

Comment

Love the unnumbered neck hole area as well!

Comment

Make sure that you include the humidity % at the time you weigh it. Fluctuations in humidity can cause fluctuations in weight.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
          Make sure that you include the humidity % at the time you weigh it. Fluctuations in humidity can cause fluctuations in weight.

Bob Hritz
          That's very obvious.. Everyone knows that. But you didn't mention one important matter... The atmospheric pressure.

Lostwith

Comment

How did they print their camouflages that their colours are still good after so many years? I mean, what kind of paints did they use? And also, how physically were they printed? I know that some of them were printed manually, when other ( late versions mainly ) were printed by machines, or printing techniques were combined. I try to guess, how did they print them manually..? And how did they print them by machines, or when both techniques were combined..?

Lostwith

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post

Bob Hritz
              Another part is the way of Storage, maybe in a closed box with 20 other tentplane, or in a barn wehre is everytime dust, ore used as plane for motorcicle............or or........
              So it is a stupid way to check the originality, IMO

Same for count the stiches, if the cutter side the plane faster down the machine there are not such mutch as if he do it slowler.

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyds View Post
                2 different print runs and what on earth would the weight tell you ?
                weight is very important

Comment

Originally posted by ww2.collector View Post
                  Another part is the way of Storage, maybe in a closed box with 20 other tentplane, or in a barn wehre is everytime dust, ore used as plane for motorcicle............or or........
                  So it is a stupid way to check the originality, IMO

Same for count the stiches, if the cutter side the plane faster down the machine there are not such mutch as if he do it slowler.
                  I guess this is only a joke. Not easy to detect, when your (mine) english is not perfect.

Comment

It is not a stupid question, for any measurement is also a tolerance with a range I the tolerance.

Comment

gentlemen,
                      thank you very much for your statements,
                      I think we all agree that this is a really amazing shelter in a "once in a lifetime" condition.
                      i will not publish any indications to numbers of stitches or weight details. :-))
                      this doesn't matter to originality. That is obvious.
                      the zeltbahn is for sale.
                      best regards

Comment

Originally posted by oskarchen View Post
                        gentlemen,
                        thank you very much for your statements,
                        I think we all agree that this is a really amazing shelter in a "once in a lifetime" condition.
                        i will not publish any indications to numbers of stitches or weight details. :-))
                        this doesn't matter to originality. That is obvious.
                        the zeltbahn is for sale.
                        best regards
                        Out of curiosity, how much does the seller want?

Comment

Originally posted by Lostwith View Post
                          How did they print their camouflages that their colours are still good after so many years? I mean, what kind of paints did they use? And also, how physically were they printed? I know that some of them were printed manually, when other ( late versions mainly ) were printed by machines, or printing techniques were combined. I try to guess, how did they print them manually..? And how did they print them by machines, or when both techniques were combined..?

Lostwith
                          They used anthracite dyes which is why you also get variations in color. Other than roller or machine printed that's all I recall.

Comment

Nice colors, I like it.
                            It would be much better if it would be mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd I. View Post
                              They used anthracite dyes which is why you also get variations in color. Other than roller or machine printed that's all I recall.
                              The anthracite.. My knowledge of chemistry is very weak, but I have someone whose knowledge in this matter is very high. That's very interesting.

Regards

Comment

Anthracite isn't a dye. It is a mineral....called coal. It is a type of coal. The chemical in some types of dye is anthracenedione. Anthracite is is also used as a term for a dark gray or grayish black colors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X