Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice TK marking variation especially since they have the pins attached.

Rene Chavez
      www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
        What a ridiculous display. Some museums just don't have a working brain on their staff.
        Guess it´s symbolic. They just want to show what they think of the Germans and their symbols.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
          Guess it´s symbolic. They just want to show what they think of the Germans and their symbols.
          I also saw the symbolism in it. Kind of like when they dropped a pile of standartes and regimental flags and pennants in a pile on the stairs of the Kremlin.

Comment

Tim, were you trying to sell your KRIPO disc at the SOS?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
              Tim, were you trying to sell your KRIPO disc at the SOS?
              Yes sir...and I still am.
              I got a lower numbered disc that I am keeping.
              Tim

Comment

My D&SM skull in this thread is a repro.

I will 'out' myself of my own accord.
                Apparently, there is a high grade repro D&SM skull being made.

I bought it at the SOS around three years ago and no one has ever taken issue with it in all of that time, even though it has been shown on the WAF multiple times.
                Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                  I bought it at the SOS around three years ago and no one has ever taken issue with it in all of that time, even though it has been shown on the WAF multiple times.
                  Yeah, we're just crap aren't we …. makes ya wonder why people don't do their own research doesn't it

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                    Yeah, we're just crap aren't we …. makes ya wonder why people don't do their own research doesn't it

Ian
                    I’ve looked at it and compared it to others multiple times.
                    It looks ‘soft’ on the front but I attributed that to wear.
                    I believe that I had asked in the past if there were knockoffs of the D&SM and to my recollection, the answer was no.
                    If you’re implying anything, just come out and say it.

And I blame no one for missing that this is a repop, except for the scum who made it.
                    As to research, after I had assured myself that it was a good one, I put it on the Metal SS Cap Insignia pinned thread, where it has been visible since 3/2/16.
                    Anyone doing research, might have looked at it and been reassured themselves that it must be a good one and that if they had a like one, their mind was eased.
                    I also put a post on there, saying that it ought to be taken off of that thread.
                    Tim
                    Last edited by TP Alexander; 01-17-2019, 01:46 PM. Reason: Adding to rant.

Comment

Tim, I am sorry for your loss. It is never a good feeling to find out that you have made a costly mistake. I don't know how it took this long to be brought to attention, I probably over looked it or didn't pay it much attention back when it was first posted, but I have known of this fake for a very long time. They are not commonly encountered, but have many flaws, (not just the soft details).

Anyway, please feel free to post any potential purchases here for other opinions before you buy, or feel free to contact me anytime if you are unsure in the future.

Chris

Comment

Thank you Chris.

All I can say is 'Scheisse happens!'
                        I can take a hit on the chin.
                        Thanx for the offer of future help.
                        If not sure, I do ask for help.
                        With the WAF being in a state of disrepair, All of us have to weigh it's benefits vs. it's present disarray. I think I'll have to renew because even with the problems they've encountered of late, it is still an invaluable resource.
                        Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X