X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironcross13 View Post
    Nice info Remy
    Thanks!

I've been collecting information here and there on Max Büschel for over 10 years now. This information will eventually be used in a forthcoming book I'm working on which will showcase all of the photos he took during the Battle of the Bulge.

Here is a nice color photo of him taken in 1943 in the Ukraine.
    Check out the hand embroidered SS-Kriegsberichter cufftitle.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post

I've been collecting information here and there on Max Büschel for over 10 years now. This information will eventually be used in a forthcoming book I'm working on which will showcase all of the photos he took during the Battle of the Bulge.
      Will be looking forward for this book Remy!

If possible and within its range; I wouldn't hesitate to include his Italian period as well. I find this a -unfortunately- lesser covered theatre although nonetheless also from uniform study perspective very interesting!

Comment

pk from lssah executed...

Originally posted by Remy Spezzano View Post
        His smock is interesting but the man wearing the smock is more famous then you realize.

His name is Max Büschel and he was an SS-Kriegsberichter attached to the 1. SS-Panzer-Division "LAH" and this photo was taken in August 1943 when the LAH crossed over the border into Italy. He was passing by a wine vineyard and stopped to load up on some grapes.

What most people do not know is that Max Büschel is the photographer who took the iconic photos of the LAH soldiers standing around the knocked out and abandoned vehicles in Poteau, Belgium in the Ardennes.
        All those photos we are so familiar with of the soldiers running past the burning US Halftracks and the ones of the schwimwagen next to the Malmedy road sign were all taken by him.

Sadly he never lived to see his photos from the Bulge published. The film he shot was captured by the US Army and sent back to the United States. When Germany surrendered in May 1945 Büschel worked his way back home to his wife and kids where they lived in a Berlin suburb. He was eventually discovered by Russian soldiers and shot for being an SS soldier of the Leibstandarte.
        @ Remy, never heard this before, can you please elaborte on the circumstances of his assasination..?
        what is the status of the book project../?
        thanks in advance

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
          We now know where Champagne helmets come from.
          this is the ultimate proof indeed !

People interested by the famous pictures of the Task Force Hayes vehicles captured and partly destroyed at Poteau should check this interesting topic :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=560105

See You

Vince

Comment

Very nice Remy, and yes like you write it is not Peiper on the famous picture. I actually saw a original post war signed picture of Peiper with a paper where he stated that he was not the guy on that picture. It was among a big lot of signed pictures from all military brances sold to Helmut Weitze.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X