Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS visor set for opinions

Hello guys,

I have been requested by a potential buyer to send him better pictures of the markings on my set.

Please have a look at this set and share your opinions here for the potential buyer to see.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=841143

I also send him better pictures of the markings as the skull markings look like M1/68 on my sales pictures.
    The eagle is a 155/36.

Thyank you in advance,

Emiel
    Attached Files

one more:
    Attached Files

Comment

Perfect originals ... I can't believe that someone's having to even ask

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Cheers, Ian.
        Well, in his defence the pictures could have been better. Some do not have the same amount of knowledge to judge these without very clear pictures.

Thanks for your comment my friend

Comment

That's very true mate.

Suffice to say that these are unquestionably very fine originals

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Agreed , both are 100 % Original insignia .
            Note that the Assmann eagle still has the typical fine detail in his chest feathers ..

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Cheers, Ian.
              I think maybe it is about time that Chris took that leap & finally wrote the long awaited & anticipated ,
              reference book on visor insignia - it would very likely be a bestseller like the Bando / Beaver one .

Because if any reference work needs to be published on SS insignia right now , it would be this one ;

because a total overload of questions about these insignia has forever and again been on this Forum & all the others , again and again and again questions are exactly the same about these metal insignia .

I wish I had the knowledge to do it myself , but even though my collection of metal visor insignia is almost complete , I have more questions than answers ( who doesn't ? )

Chris once said that it would happen if he was 100 % complete in his own collection .
              Word to the wise : Chris , that will NEVER , EVER happen .
              Even though unfortunately I do not know you personally , I know this :
              an author on any collectible will always find an anomality later , that he will want to include in his book afterwards .
              Just put it in an addendum .
              It is the very reason that the long awaited book on Dutch NSB insignia by Gaston is being postponed - for how many years now ? .
              I paid up front for the book , but it will take forever .
              Forever = most of us in our age will not live that long .
              So .. just do it , write it - what is there to lose .. ??!!

And it would not have to be a giant big fat Schiffer publication - allthough I would like it to be ..

What I think is happening is that too many collectors are now relying on other publications that are very meagre on the subject = can it be found in Bender / Angolia / Bando-Beaver .. ?

No - the rarest & most interesting of metal insignia are simply not to be found there ..
              Last edited by Winkelman; 02-02-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                it would likely be a bestseller like the Bando / Beaver one .. !
                Let's just hope it's more comprehensive ... I'm certain it will be.

Ian

Comment

Agreed , both are 100 % Original insignia .
                  Note that the Assmann eagle still has the typical fine detail in his chest feathers ..
                  Thanks buddy

Comment

What I think is happening is that too many collectors are now relying on other publications that are very meagre on the subject = can it be found in Bender / Angolia / Bando-Beaver .. ?

No - the rarest & most interesting of metal insignia are simply not to be found there ..
                    They tried to cover too broad a subject with one book, as you say the metal cap insignia demands such a detailed study that it would be far too in-depth for a non-specific collector to comprehend and therefore potentially buy. That's why the Beaver/Bando collaboration is nothing much more than a coffee table book with general pretty pictures for the 'anything SS' type collector.

Ian.

Comment

I do not agree with it , but I do understand that most collectors prefer to learn from a " textbook " illustrated = real book , than to gather their info from all of the scattered info from the far corners of the internet .

But the Bando / Beaver book has such pretty pictures .. !

O yes - but that will not excuse you from doing your homework .

I recently visited a Dutch show in Houten , it was so very rewarding , because by now it only takes a second to see fake insignia .
                      I spent a whole , very long & a lot of time to learn this . By now I walk along these tables like a magician - fake , fake , more fake always fake , finnaly maye something good .

If you want to be serious about collecting SS insignia , it never was easy - but challenging & ever so rewarding once you get that " grip "on things .
                      That is exactly why I started this thread . Please sign the petition to wake up Chris - we want that book .. !

>> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=844478
                      Last edited by Winkelman; 02-02-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X