Tailored Dot 44s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailored Dot 44s?

I know there are various examples, either in period photos or surviving examples, of tailored SS Camouflage Tunics. Does anyone know if the same was true for the "Dot 44" Erbsenmuster Camo (Bottle Green Collars, Scalloped Pocket Flaps, Pleated Pockets, Short Skirts, etc)???

I would love to see a legit photo(s) of a commercially tailored dot44 panzer wrap. Something that is not "off the shelf" but has been wartime modified in some way. Officers regularly had uniforms modified for comfort, better fit etc... Anything is possible!

Originally posted by sturmpioner43 View Post
    I know there are various examples, either in period photos or surviving examples, of tailored SS Camouflage Tunics. Does anyone know if the same was true for the "Dot 44" Erbsenmuster Camo (Bottle Green Collars, Scalloped Pocket Flaps, Pleated Pockets, Short Skirts, etc)???

Comment

Here's one posted yesterday:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=837278

Comment

M44 camo Jacket converted to M45 style

M44 camo Jacket converted to M45 style

from this thread:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=dot+44

Comment

Now THAT is one cool jacket!

s/f Robert

Comment

Great photo. Please keep them coming. Love this stuff. Still would love to see a wartime modified dot44 panzer wrap.

Comment

Waffen SS Tarn Stiefelhose M 44 for cavalry in Erbstarnmuster

Not a jacket here but a Waffen SS Erbstarnmuster hose converted to Stiefelhose for cavalry

https://www.weitze.com/militaria/70/...r__185870.html

for sale on weitze.com and maybe someone can add the photo for the future of this thread

I never came across sort of heavy modified trousers on period photos

Comment

I WISH they were real.

I really do,

owen

Comment

Tailored Dot Camo Tunic with short skirt

I've just have a look on this photo of the Dutch volunteer SS-Hauptscharführer Gerardus Mooyman

and I was very surprised to discover only today that he wore a tailored Dot SS Camouflage Tunic with a shortened skirt

regards

Hohe 112

Comment

So, these are fake? I would really love to see militaria of this nature being original 44dot wartime modified. Cool stuff if they are authentic wartime untouched.

Originally posted by Höhe 112 View Post
                    Not a jacket here but a Waffen SS Erbstarnmuster hose converted to Stiefelhose for cavalry

https://www.weitze.com/militaria/70/...r__185870.html

for sale on weitze.com and maybe someone can add the photo for the future of this thread

I never came across sort of heavy modified trousers on period photos

Comment

Thanks for posting! Keep em' coming! It appears the pocket flaps are still there but with no pockets as where he had it shortened.

Originally posted by Höhe 112 View Post
                      I've just have a look on this photo of the Dutch volunteer SS-Hauptscharführer Gerardus Mooyman

and I was very surprised to discover only today that he wore a tailored Dot SS Camouflage Tunic with a shortened skirt

regards

Hohe 112

Comment

Is this a custom made Palm wrapper?
                        Image shows SS-Sturmbannführer Gustav Knittel, commander of SS-Pz-Aufklärungs-Abt. 1 (LAH Div) during Operation Zitadelle in July 1943.

Note also the upgraded (unpiped) enlisted collar tabs worn on this Palm camo uniform!
                        Attached Files

Comment

It is and it is discussed here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...el#post6740506

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                          Is this a custom made Palm wrapper?
                          Image shows SS-Sturmbannführer Gustav Knittel, commander of SS-Pz-Aufklärungs-Abt. 1 (LAH Div) during Operation Zitadelle in July 1943.

Note also the upgraded (unpiped) enlisted collar tabs worn on this Palm camo uniform!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                          X