• Show
Clear All

SS Tabs for review...

From an ad...these are not mine...

"German SS General Collar Tab Oberfuhrer Version 2 1942-1945

Very nice shape with capture papers."

Opinions?
    Attached Files

Personally, right off the top, I didn't care for the acorns. I have never owned a pair of the higher ranking SS tabs. I also noticed that these were not the screw back type and I thought that a higher ranking officer like this would use those exclusively. So opinions are sought.
    Thanx,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
      I posted these exact same tabs on the forum awhile back. I can't find the thread though. I live close to the seller in Wisconsin. He let me take them home with the papers and only wanted $100 for them at the time. I was told on the forum they were Pakistani repros. Of course they are paired with legit capture papers. Is the listing still from Wisconsin? The owner tried to sell me some more fake items also.

Justin

Comment

Originally posted by themilitaryman View Post
        Hi,
        I posted these exact same tabs on the forum awhile back. I can't find the thread though. I live close to the seller in Wisconsin. He let me take them home with the papers and only wanted $100 for them at the time. I was told on the forum they were Pakistani repros. Of course they are paired with legit capture papers. Is the listing still from Wisconsin? The owner tried to sell me some more fake items also.

Justin
        Don't know where he is from. He is on FB, with one of the many ubiquitous groups that have popped up there, selling items to the unknowing and the uneducated. When I told him I wanted to post them on the WAF, I was expecting him to say something about how he doesn't like the WAF and doesn't have faith in it. He said to go ahead and post it. Kinda' surprised me. The only FB group that I know of that I have faith in is the one run by Dave Wyatt.
        I thought that these were no good, from what I have learned on here. If these are Pakistani, I would have expected to see the white dots scattered around the back.

Comment

Like a bad penny (or that girl in 8th grade that smoked ) these made the rounds...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=828862

For what it's worth the capture papers are real.
          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Hmm interesting. The local guy who originally owned them was named Hans. When I told him I was going to post them he said go ahead but then said the forums aren't reliable. He got really defensive when I posted his helmet. He might have already sold them off to someone else, who knows. I don't really know anything about them as the tabs are out of my expertise but a few people said Pakistani.

Comment

Hans is not a bad guy, but comes from a reenacting background where good and no so good exist side by side and no one cares. He does get good stuff too, but you have to separate the wheat from the chaff yourself (but again he is good about letting you get opinions) and he takes stuff back if you aren't happy.
              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Very sloppy! Run Tim!

Comment

Not all Pakistani fakes have white threads. Whether these are Pakistani or not is unimportant.
                  They are fake, and that is all that is important.

CB

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jerry D View Post
                    Hans is not a bad guy, but comes from a reenacting background where good and no so good exist side by side and no one cares. He does get good stuff too, but you have to separate the wheat from the chaff yourself (but again he is good about letting you get opinions) and he takes stuff back if you aren't happy.

I agree. Like I said he let me take the tabs home and research them without paying a dime. Not too many people like that left around. I did get some other nice items from him though.

Comment

Just common rubbish
                      Regards David

Comment

The capture paper says 'German Insignia' which could be anything.

If you compare the subject pieces against known originals (and there is a fantastic thread on the forum as we speak ... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=839255 ) you'll notice the vast differences.

Having joined some of these Facebook groups myself recently there seems to be a few of the regular good guys knocking about them but a lot of retards that go unmoderated .... I managed to unearth Darrell English (he of the fake SS-Treblinka tunic) to amusing effect

Ian

Comment

Don't waste your money!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X