Officers Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officers Tab

Just bought this one from Paul at Lakeside Trader . With his blessing I'm posting it here,for comments. It apparently came out of the Tony Barto collection
    Attached Files

That is one nasty looking tab,
    I would not have it in my collection,
    but I am picky,
    DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
      That is one nasty looking tab,
      I would not have it in my collection,
      but I am picky,
      Dave ,you refer to the slight moth nips,right?

Comment

Personally I dont like the condition of this tab and I would send this back IMO
        Last edited by Tom Mumby; 01-19-2005, 07:25 PM. Reason: Misworded (sorry)

Comment

This tab can be restored with proper fabric..but then again you will always know it is restored...it looks nice to me, but I understand the other fellows' view also...as it is a bit rough.

Comment

I just re-read my previous post and it sounds like I'm questioning it's authenticity . I should have worded it better. I don't like the condition of the tab with the runes mishaped. But on the other hand it could be fabricly restored as John said?

Cheers.

Comment

I do not care about the mothing, I do not like the runes, the way it is mounted, I do not thimk it is pre May 45
              DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
                I just re-read my previous post and it sounds like I'm questioning it's authenticity . I should have worded it better. I don't like the condition of the tab with the runes mishaped. But on the other hand it could be fabricly restored as John said?

Cheers.
                Price is just over $400 , if I put it on the e-stand tommorow what would I get ?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
                  I do not care about the mothing, I do not like the runes, the way it is mounted, I do not thimk it is pre May 45
                  Dave ,please point out to me by what way do you not like the mounting? ,Thanks!

Comment

I do agree that the shape and outline of the runes is a bit crude--IE note the varying thicknesses of each rune...but could this be from heavy wear or poor storage?

Comment

Of all the bullion I have owned or looked at I have never seen one mount so sloppy. There is not enough material on the back. The runes are sloppy, I find it hard to believe that it passed rzm inspection.
                      I said I am picky, it might be real, but I would not take the chance on it for $25.
                      Agian my opinion, wait and see what some of the other SS insignia collectors say,
                      Dave
                      DaveJ

Comment

Aghhh you guys on the SS forum. I thought the runes were strange as I previously mentioned on my first (edited) post. But, as I've seen before if you are wrong you are crucified on this part of WA. I dont want to be one of 'em

Comment

Aghhh you guys on the SS forum. I thought the runes were strange as I previously mentioned on my first (edited) post. But, as I've seen before if you are wrong you are crucified on this part of WA. I dont want to be one of 'em
                          Believe me, I'm not out to crucify anyone Paul is good for his word and so I am under no pressure with this one ,just want as many opinions as possible so I can form a constructive opinion,and learn

Comment

look at these runes,

not even in the same ball park for craftmanship
                            Attached Files
                            DaveJ

Comment

But, as I've seen before if you are wrong you are crucified on this part of WA. I dont want to be one of 'em
                              Tom,
                              No one should be crucified here or anywhere else on the WA forum, that is not what this forum is about, anyone seeing this happen report the post it will be handled, we are all here to share and discuss, opinions sometimes differ, that is called a discussion
                              cheers,
                              Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X