SS Rune Tab/Rank - Screw Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Rune Tab/Rank - Screw Back

Does anyone have any examples of these that they can share, as I can not find many images. Alternatively does know anyone that may have a set? I am trying to find a pair for my summer white SS tunic. You can post or PM me.

Many thanks!
    Scott

Comment

Comment

Finally got around to taking pics of this pair of tabs. Got them as a set years ago(they are not a set, only thing that makes them a set is that they are both screw on tabs), they are larger than regular tabs and I think they were for the overcoat rather than tunic - IMO. The rank tab is higher quality backing material and has washers for each post which I do not have on any of my general screwbacks. The runic tab is missing a few screws.

Greg
        Attached Files

Comment

more
          Attached Files

Comment

more.
            Attached Files

Comment

last
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for posting. Wonderful examples.

Here are the dimensions for my tunic, 1 inch by 1.25 inches. What are the dimensions on the back?
                Attached Files

Comment

The distance from post to post on the short side for the runic is 1.5 " and on the long side a bit under 2". The rank tab is 1 5/16" on the short side and the same under 2" on the long side.

Greg

Comment

Not a fit for mine, but absolutely wonderful examples.

Comment

very nice tabs Greg.Hi Scott i imagine it's going to take quite some time to find the tabs with correct spacing between the posts to restore your tunic.
                      Good luck with your search,it will be worth the wait.
                      Cheers
                      Dave.

Comment

that is my matching set for Hauptscharfuehrer, note of the metal plate mounting.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Robert H; 12-18-2015, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
                          Not a fit for mine, but absolutely wonderful examples.
                          Just a thought ....

Might might not have to wait that long
                          If you find a matching set that might fit but seem a wee bit small
                          You can always steam the collar to fit ... Its always worth a try
                          Regards David

Comment

Robert - top notch!

Thanks gents. Anyone else who has a set would love to see them!

Comment

Many thanks to a fellow WAF member who sold me a very nice original pair for an Obersturmfuhrer. Will post photos on the tunic when they arrive.

Also anyone who has a 'snap' Eagle please send me a PM.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X