No announcement yet.

SS Denmark Tab ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a chain stitched danish one to me. I'm in doubt that there ever were a german made version.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
      Looks like a chain stitched danish one to me. I'm in doubt that there ever were a german made version.
      I have to agree with this. The ones shown in Angolia's book (if they are original) are also of this choppy chainstitch type as seen on my tab and the others shown on this thread.

CB

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
        Yep that's the one Dave ... Thank you Sir
        Now to me that looks like a Germanic issue
        Good man
        Regards David
        I agree with you on this one David to me it's german produced,I think the embroidery of the flag is very similar to the dachau shield.

Steve I hope you don't mind me using your picture.
        Cheers
        Dave.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have also been looking for a old thread where a member (can't remember who) posted all his tabs indervidualy they were all very rare.
          With the like's Kartjager tk tab's he also posted a officer version of Steve T's tab and if my memory up to scratch it had a paper rzm tag.
          I just wish i could find the thread.
          Cheers
          Dave.

Comment

I have found the thread after lots of searching
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=304239&page=4

Mike i hope you don't mind me using your pics

My memory was not up to scratch no rzm tag but the reverse shows evidence of some removal either from a album or a tag being removed.
            For me this has to be german made especially with the white stitch lines.
            Cheers
            Dave.
            Attached Files

Comment

a friend of mine who is collecting almost exclusively Danish volunteers stuff, have some very rare and expensive pieces, including a pair of collartaps with the danish flag, and they have a backing of cardboard, not bucram( not saying bucram is wrong, just to say ,that there might be some variants! by the way these taps where,(as far as he told me) more or less exclusively for the danmark ersatz kompanie! just wanted to throw in my two cents of knowledge here! hope it'll help !

merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

This is all leaving me with more questions than I had before, rather than providing solid answers.
                At this point, only the tabs posted by David along with the one belonging to Marc have the same emboidery style for the white cross and are identical.
                The two examples posted by Dave are also identical in all respects other than backing and the addition of piping.
                The rest of the examples posted on this thread are all different including the one in the period photo.
                Dave and David opine that they are German made, while others say that the originals were not made there.
                None, other than the example in the photo, have been declared original or fake.
                Further developments await...hopefully.
                Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

CB

Comment

It is confusing subject.On warelics forum the is a sticky thread of Danish items in David Delich's collection There is two tabs pictured that look just the way Panzermeyer discribed in his friends collection.
                  Some were Danish made for sure, But looking at other volunteer insignia they can be found native made and german made.
                  For me it stands to reason there most likely made both for the Danish even if only used for a very short time.
                  Thats why i think the officer and em tabs i posted belonging to Steve T and Mike have traits as german made tabs have, which the other examples posted don't which could possibly be because they are Danish made.
                  I'm with you CB in hoping further developments will shed more light on the subject.
                  Cheers
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by D Davies View Post
                    It is confusing subject.On warelics forum the is a sticky thread of Danish items in David Delich's collection There is two tabs pictured that look just the way Panzermeyer discribed in his friends collection.
                    Some were Danish made for sure, But looking at other volunteer insignia they can be found native made and german made.
                    For me it stands to reason there most likely made both for the Danish even if only used for a very short time.
                    Thats why i think the officer and em tabs i posted belonging to Steve T and Mike have traits as german made tabs have, which the other examples posted don't which could possibly be because they are Danish made.
                    I'm with you CB in hoping further developments will shed more light on the subject.
                    Cheers
                    Dave
                    The items posted in that thread are in the danish armoury museum in Copenhagen. Open for every one to have a look.
                    Last edited by Christian J; 12-26-2015, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian J View Post
                      The items posted in that thread are in the danish armoury museum in Copenhagen. Open for every one to have a look.
                      Thanks Christian.
                      I was just looking through cloth insignia of the ss by Angolia. On page 398 there is a picture of a probe rzm set of Danish officer tabs attributed to Bob Hritz.
                      The flag tab in this set are in my opinion the same style as Steve T's and Mike's
                      I think this is proof enough to say these tabs were German made as well as Danish made.
                      My scanner is playing up so i cannot add a picture.
                      Cheers
                      Dave

Comment

Recently visited the newly opened exhibition and found no trace of the older display. A very neat coffin and it's content were display but none of it's former glory. Envoy the pictures I say.

Comment

I think we are at a dead end so far. Nothing conclusive appears to be forthcoming.

CB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X