SS Dutch metal insigna?....opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dutch metal insigna?....opinion please

Hello guys, I have this metal insignia and I think it is a metal insignia of the SS Dutch....is this correct?
    Thanks in advance to all for the help.
    Regards
    Uwe
    Attached Files

kkkk
    Attached Files

Comment

jjjj
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry , but no .
        The Dutch version of the " Wolfsangel " ( either silver for SS , or gold for NSB ) metal or cloth , always had sharp ends .
        The shown badge with square ends is the German version ( used by social welfare institutions , etc. ) ..
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a Dutch metal wolfhook worn in the "East"... pinned on a M43 style cap!
          Indeed yes sharp points always! (I own both styles)

Example of one being worn in an organization other than NSB and Germaansche SS!
          Can anybody guess the unit? (I know...)
          A non cropped image to follow!

Note also Tokarev SVT40 beute rifle! (compare with the one in my collection)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 11-16-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

OK here we go! Full image!
            Guess what unit this Dutchman represents?
            (so also worn outside of NSB and Germaansche SS Nederland...) but again Dutch variant always sharp Wolfhooks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Well you got me , Nick - knowing your interest , probably has to do with the colonization of Eastern territories .
              That awesome machine sure looks like it's for a Railroad Destruction Unit ( front wheels ?! ) ..

Comment

Bingo!
                Nederlandsche Oost Compagnie (NOC) standing guard against partisans at an agricultural facility (or in plain English "a farm")...
                and the machine is nothing other than a regular tractor! (but I like your theory!)

The NOC were in the East to help with the colonization of the Eastern Occupied Territories! (setting up industry to include farming).
                Because of the increased partisan threat, they organized armed units to patrol and guard their installations.

(De Groningse NOC kolonist F. van Hoorn, staande bij een tractor, op onbekende lokatie in de Sovjet-Unie circa 1942)

Comment

One more picture on this so very scarcely documented subject - thanks for sharing .. !
                  If only he had worn an arm insignia ..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Both of you: amazing stuff

Comment

Very nice insignia. Is the black version for higher ranks?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X