X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

collar Tab

Thanks for all the enlightening information. Much appreciated

Comment

Maybe it's just me - but isn't it facing the wrong way?

Comment

Heraldic should the lion face the other direction, yes, and the most common versions also did, but this version was also worn.

Comment

Hi Bob Hritz

Was the good veteran bringback a Norwegian or a U.S. veteran bringback?

Comment

Originally posted by jotuntroll View Post
            Hi Bob Hritz

Was the good veteran bringback a Norwegian or a U.S. veteran bringback?
            It was brought back by a US veteran, I believe. Of course, I did not get it from the veteran and can ony relate the information I was told. When I visit him again, I will try to take photos and get what information the owner can provide. If mymemory is correct, the lion insignia had 2 prongs.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hi

I have seen 2 pair and 1 single legion Spiegel With provience, and all lions are sewn on.
              The Norwegian legion kragespiegel where Norwegian produced. The legion served on the Leningrad front from 41, and where dispanded in 43. The legion was not in contact With western Allied forces.
              The soldiers where given Money when returning their uniforms. The few original (With 100% provience) kragenspiegel With lion are very few and far between. As for legion tunics I have only seen 2 untouched surviving examples With lion kragenspiegel and one partly restord With SS kragenspiegel.

Comment

I thought this might fit this thread.

Bob Hritz
                Attached Files
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Why? That´s not Norwegians! Those men are Ukrainians.

Comment

Agree. Galiziens.

Comment

Gents good afternoon , I do not collected German items bt I have followed this thread with great interest , ref the collar with the metal lion , some of you believe it original other that is a post war Norwegian insignia ??????

Sorry but an obvious thought came to me and please dont laugh .any chance the collar patch is fine original war time and the metal parts were used up post war by the Norwegians ???? a case of ` look its a metal lion it will do the job use Up all these war time bits " ????

Dont mock ............ ive had a few wines and this idea just popped in my head

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X