SS Tunic Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Tunic Opinions Please

Hello All, this is my first post to the forum and I very much would like your expert opinions please. I am new to the collecting hobby (2014) and I am still learning. Joining this forum has already greatly increased my knowledge. I am considering this SS tunic which may be a Heer tunic used by SS? I do have more photos if that will help. Thank you very much!
    Attached Files

Hi Matt,

A bold move to buy an SS tunic when new to the hobby! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy collecting as much as I have.

Better pictures are needed of the tunic of the areas you've likely seen posted when considering a rebadged tunic: right breast pocket, underside of collar, close ups of all insignia, good liner shots with markings, etc.

M40's can be tricky.

I hope it works out for you.

regards, Robert

Comment

If you are new to the hobby you should not be considering purchasing SS combat tunics. You have still much to learn, observe, and discover. For this tunic you need to post much better and more images. However, from these poor images, I would say that at best you have a put-together tunic, but most likely it is junk.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys! To this point I have very much enjoyed my start in the hobby. I will add a few more photos and I apologize for their poor quality. They are all I have from the owner and I have had to greatly reduce their quality to fit the specs.
        Attached Files

Comment

Few more
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad you are not the owner. The tunic and collar tabs are replica - sorry.

regards, Robert

Comment

Yes it is total junk

Comment

The shoulderboards are also replicas, along with the sleeve chevron. The eagle is a good late one, though.

Be very careful with any uniform item, but especially SS - the better replicas can be very convincing.

s/f Robert

Comment

Thank you so much for your input guys, especially you RobertE. Myself and my wallet greatly appreciate it! I have much to learn and having this resource is so valuable. Cheers!

Comment

Just as I suspected: junk. If you should take such a plunge as starting collecting with WSS uniforms I encourage you to reach out and consider Mike Davis his website is: http://www.virtualgrenadier.com/ you can pretty much rest easy knowing that anything you acquire will be 100% as described. Aside from being very honest, he is also EXTREMELY knowledgeable when it comes to TR material focusing on uniforms, cloth headgear, helmets and insignia. If your pockets permit and you have a taste for something very exotic and historic which is TR related, I recommend Steve Wolfe from California.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                      The shoulderboards are also replicas, along with the sleeve chevron. The eagle is a good late one, though.

Be very careful with any uniform item, but especially SS - the better replicas can be very convincing.

s/f Robert
                      And the real fun begins when they incorporate original insignia like this one with that sleeve eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
                        Yes it is total junk

This is nothing more than a re enactor piece ....
                        Not even good at best
                        Regards David

Comment

Keep your head up Matt and keep the search alive and you will find you a SS tunic. Try to talk to some of the guys on here about where to find a good one. If I was looking to buy one that's where I would start. Figure out if you are willing to pay retail for piece of mind or a bargain with questions for life.

Comment

Thank you for the advice, I will certainly follow it. After I have done much more homework my search will resume! The folks on this forum are very helpful, that's for sure.

Comment

Matt, don't let any negative comments get you down - it pays to be jaded n this hobby, hence some of the posts regarding that tunic. You are already ahead of the game by asking for opinions before you buy!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X