W-SS collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-SS collar tabs

I've never seen this kind of embroidered runes.
    Does it has a chance to be good? IMO, NO.
    Opinions are welcome
    Attached Files

Original to me...
    Please send them to me in case you wouldn't like them

Kind regards,
    Gerd V

Comment

I would love to learn as I have never seen this kind of tabs either why are they original to you Gerd ?

Comment

Originally posted by willysproject View Post
        Original to me...
        Kind regards,
        Gerd V
        Really ....
        What made you say that .... ?
        I'd say not in a million years
        Sorry & Regards
        David

Comment

I have never seen anything like these before either. I also doubt they are original. Overall, they have more in common with fakes than originals.

CB

Comment

Well, just send them all to me then. I'll buy them all for the price of a fake however.

I do agree that some people who commented here above have very few experience with all non-German made insignia. Good pieces -even pieces that are regarded as good by concensus- seem to be turned down time after time, sometimes by the same people.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=762301

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=603862

Comment

I do not have any prove that these are original... However, appying deduction, I consider these as original. No real actual proof, just connecting several dots: some facts, some observations as to materials and construction... But no real proof. I doubt if there ever will be proof... But as for the collar tabs, if they would be clear fakes, I hoped to see these more available and offered (as fake or as original...).

In 2005, I obtained the attached tab in an online auction in France. Especially due to the wear and patina, to me this had to be worn and old. I thought these where a Flemish made version. It was the time where the topic 'Vlaanderen Land of beauty' hyped on this forum... I wasn't sure but just kept it, as it puzzled me. The yarn uses on this tab as 'silver yarn' machine embroidered on a thick velvet material. I had never seen this before: not offered as original, nor identified as fake.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by willysproject; 10-04-2015, 09:07 AM.

Comment

In 2009, this type of eagle was put on the forum for identification. It was approved as original French made. To me that was a bit of a surprise as 5 years before that date, I had posted the green-backed version on this forum and then it as regarded as a plain copy. Nowadays this example of eagle is accepted as a French original. It exists in two versions: on black and on green badge cloth.
                Attached Files

Comment

These eagles are machine embroidered using a 'silver colored yarn'. The backs look more off-white colored.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Due to the similarity of the used thread (silver colored yarn) and the location I had this thought that maybe the collar tab might be French made as well, just like the accepted eagle... (???) (Remember: the -to me- never encountered used and removed collar tab was found in France as well.)

Well, I kept that possible theory in my mind for years, and suddenly I came accross a set of SS Uscha collar tabs. Same construction, but now in a more off-white/grey thread... Location I found these offered? Yes, France. I drove about 150 km to France, just accross the border, to go pick the set up...

The pics below show the silver threaded runes and off-white threaded runes side by side.. They even used scrap cardboard to make the tabs.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by willysproject; 10-04-2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

The always returning word with regards to the eagles and these tabs is: France... In the meantime I started to become more convinced of these tabs, when suddenly this topic was started:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=603862

A used, tunic removed set tabs and the sleeve eagle... These turned up in... France... And were available at a French seller-site..
                      Last edited by willysproject; 10-04-2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Some years later, I came a accross this old theater costume. The tunic was a post-war tunic, having been badged with insignia. One stamp in the tunic reads "1958". The tunc was also stamped: "UNIFORMFABRIK FRANZ FIEDLER". This actual pictured tunic was found... Well, yeah: in France

Oh look: they even used an original French made eagle on the tunic! And... surprisingly, again these 'silver thread' collar tabs.

I've seen at least 4 other tunics by this French theater group. One of them was shown on this forum.
                        Attached Files

Comment

As I've said, I have no real prove.
                          There are just facts regarding the accepted eagle, the materials and construction of both the eagles and the tabs... and the provenance of the items I've encountered. I did some deductions and connected some dots and to me these are regarded as quite interesting to gather if the prices are ok

Kind regards,
                          Gerd V
                          Attached Files

Comment

Some years later, I came a accross this old theater costume. The tunic was a post-war tunic, having been badged with insignia. One stamp in the tunic reads "1958". The tunc was also stamped: "UNIFORMFABRIK FRANZ FIEDLER". This actual pictured tunic was found... Well, yeah: in France

Oh look: they even used an original French made eagle on the tunic! And... surprisingly, again these 'silver thread' collar tabs.

I've seen at least 4 other tunics by this French theater group. One of them was shown on this forum.
                            Interesting topic.

Looking to all these connections, this sounds like the insignia could have been made for early post-war theater use as well.

Is there any original photographic proof of these tabs/eagles in use?

Comment

In 2009, this type of eagle was put on the forum for identification. It was approved as original French made. To me that was a bit of a surprise as 5 years before that date, I had posted the green-backed version on this forum and then it as regarded as a plain copy. Nowadays this example of eagle is accepted as a French original. It exists in two versions: on black and on green badge cloth.
                              What was the reason for this eagle to be accepted as war-time original? Anything solid, good provenance, period photo in wear, untouched tunic with such eagle still on, vet bring-back, etc ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X