Totenkopf Division Toolbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopf Division Toolbox

Here's an unusual item. I bought this cheap along with a Russian early war map case from a guy who works in a British post office. The story is he has a fellow worker there who goes back to Russia from time to time and found this in an outhouse on a property outside Kharkov. I figured for the price I got it it was worth the gamble.

I've never seen anything like this though. Has anyone seen something like this before? The paint and wood seem old enough but its not exactly a regulation item. The metal Runes are backwards as well which is strange. It still looks pretty cool though and I don't see someone going to all the trouble of faking this for the price I got it at. The guy I bought it from didn't even know what the TD might stand for.

Any opinions would be very much appreciated
    thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Heres another view
    Attached Files

Comment

I could understand a tool box being marked with the unit or even a unit kennzeichen but why this?

Why wouldn't someone fake it? how much would you have paid for the box without the markings on it?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Granted someone could fake it, who knows. those backwards SS Runes are kinda strange. But at the price I paid I would have been happy just getting the map case.

Comment

Box ....

I'll make you one .......... David

Comment

Well I guess the response on this so far has been negative. The paint and wood does have honest wear. Well I still like it anyhow. I've never seen another like it though to compare it to.

Comment

The runes on the outside look old but the center runes have a newer look to the paint with less wear...I do not know what to make of that.

Comment

Not really knowing much about cars but...could these two backwards runes indeed be two lightnig bolts taken from Opel Blitz vehicle parts such as hubcaps or maybe steering wheel deco?
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Interesting indeed.

But, we need pictures with a few more distractive items in background

Comment

I think the center Runes are aluminum.
                    sorry about the Jeep in the background, the world's most capable wheel drive can be a bit of a distraction

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X