SS field jacket and pants find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS field jacket and pants find

The lady that I purchased this from said her uncle brought it back from the battle of the bulge and it was an ss officers. Ibelieve it is a 1943 swamp camo pattern reversable to snow. All buttons are accounted for except for the one wooden suspender peg. What do you think

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Deezel; 09-26-2015, 09:29 PM.

Good sumpf set, no relation to the SS

Comment

Nice Wehrmacht Sumpf set... wrong section.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Does this picture not show a SS wearing the field jacket?
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Im no expert but the photo show Otto Skorzeny wearing what appears to be a Heer issue splinter pattern reversible smock.

As always there were exceptions to the rule, I have seen photos of troops waffen ss wearing heer kit, even a photo of a Fallschirmjager in Waffen ss smock.

A very nice find you have there btw.

Regards,

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Deezel View Post
            Thanks for the replies. Does this picture not show a SS wearing the field jacket?
            [IMG][/IMG]
            Correct, but the set is not an Waffen-SS garment.

Comment

If a Waffen SS officer is shown wearing a garment, does that not make it a garment known to have been used by the Waffen SS and consequently a Waffen SS garment ...................by definition? Just askin.

Comment

it is a Heer set, not SS.

like said some SS would use Heer stuff now and again .

Comment

I read it was used by luftwaffe as well. But I guess toward the end of the war a lot of stuff was used by many different groups

Comment

it may of been used by SS but with no way way of proving it can't take people's word for it.

I hope you did not pay more for it because it was used by a SS officer?

Comment

Here is a thread about W-SS using non SS camo garments which did happen on occasion...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=ss+splinter

but that does not make it an SS garment! but it is a nice Heer parka set with proper RBNr marking. Congrats!
                      No doubt an embellished story that it was taken from as an SS officer. (That Skorzeny picture example btw is a splinter Heer pattern...)

Comment

yeah it is also a very nice Heer set well done on the find.
                        get a nice mannequin to display it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X