Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collar Tabs For Opinions

Hello Gentlemen

could I have your precious opinions about this tab?

Thank you so much in advance for your time

Bye friends!
    Attached Files
    COLLECTING POLITICAL ITEMS, HJ AND SS

Attached Files

Comment

I have looked at this a number of times ..... and I have to say I like it
      Having said that .... I feel I will be the only one who does.
      Lets wait and see what the others have to say
      Regards David

Comment

Honestly, the backing is typical for early pieces and the rune quality and formation is fine - but that piping. I'd have a problem accepting that piping as original.

regards, Robert

Comment

That's same I was thinking about: that piping is not so common!

Comment

I owned it over 10 years, and decided to sell it about 5 years ago. Strange, but I have never received any request about it. This is by my opinion pre RZM piece, due the runes are also made of brass thread, instead of aluminum. Or it's just a private purchased example

Comment

From the backing and quality of the runes, I'd say it has early characteristics. The piping, however, is not of a type known to me as being original, but that probably doesn't mean much to most folks.

Even on my early tabs and rautes, the piping in the normal, thicker bullion type. This type piping just looks too much like the replica stuff of the 60's and 70's for me.

I would be happy to be wrong.

s/f Robert

Comment

I have never seen such a tabs original or fakes. If the fakes exists, then it must be seen floating around. I'am sure it's ok. The piping looks similar to the old veterans Kriegerbund flag's fringe from the late 20's early 30's

Comment

Originally posted by espenlaub View Post
                  I have never seen such a tabs original or fakes. If the fakes exists, then it must be seen floating around. I'am sure it's ok. The piping looks similar to the old veterans Kriegerbund flag's fringe from the late 20's early 30's
                  I wouldn't mind one in my collection .... As I do like the construction
                  Regards David

Comment

I too am not at all comfortable with that piping. It is typical of what is seen on 70's fakes. Other than that, the runes certainly look well embroidered, but have toned in a manner not like that of aluminum wrapped thread which was the norm for these.

CB

Comment

Did you do the "burn-test" with the inner white fibres of the piping??
                      To me on the screen it also looks like the 70s fake piping.

Comment

No, I didn't use the burn tests for over 20 years Today enough to me just a hand inspection. Sure we are all no Gods to know all, but with the age of collecting.I don't buy the item If I take it to the hands, and for the first 20 seconds I have doubts.
                        I'am sure the piping is old and been there with the tab, but anyway there a hundreds of other opinions, and only one way- is a hand inspection and personal feelings

Comment

I like what i see.I'm sure i remember Bob Hritz posting the same style tab with the same piping.
                          Cheers
                          Dave.

Comment

Thank you very much friends for your posts

Comment

This piping was first used in silver.
                              This piping tarnished, detracting its purpose
                              so aluminium wire was used. This was early on
                              so there are not alot of examples around.
                              Then progressed to the "standard" type of piping
                              as we know it.
                              This wire piping has been heavily faked.
                              The fakers probably used one of these early examples
                              as a blue print?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X