No announcement yet.

bullion eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it isn't the Moustache fake, you're quite right. I can't really comment on it other than to say there was speculation that these were finished off post-war for sale/trade.

As in the first instance I can't comment on the eagle except to ask if there is a card template .... there looks to be one but it would be strange for an original not to have one.

Ian

Comment

Yes, it have one.
      Attached Files

Comment

The insignia looks good to me, the cap eagle is nicely executed and those skulls are already known, however there is no solid profance as far as I know.

Comment

So it is not a run away?
          Thanks for your opinion.
          I´m open for more opinions. I have bought this sidecap because i liked the eagle.
          Fake or not, it is worth a study on this handembroidered sleeve or sidecap eagles.

Comment

Do u have photos from the interior?
            Taste is different, and I stay behind my opinion.

Comment

But What is your opionion? I cant find out of your comments what´s wrong.
              Don´t you like the eagle, skull or sidecap or all together?

Do you mean the interior of the sidecap? here you are.
              But i will say it again. I dont believe that this sidecap is original. i only bougth it because the eagle looks interessting and i want to study the eagle!

The material of the sidecap is so unusual, i really cant discred that in english. Its still hard in german! It is so soft und double as thick as normal. It remembers me to "frottee", like a baby-blanket (hope this is the rigth word).
              So it doesnt mean anything when the sidecap is a fake. I knew much more about that skull now and i also have good feelings about this eagle.
              Attached Files

Comment

can you see that woving structur in the middle of the material? It looks like two sides are put together. Really hard to discribe for me, sorry.
                Attached Files

Comment

so this is the sidecap, but please stay focused on the eagle. Is this an original (sidecap-)eagle or is it a fake?
                  Firt time i saw it i thougth it is a sleeveeagle, but other said it is a capeagle.
                  The size is about 8-9cm.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by madandi View Post
                    can you see that woving structur in the middle of the material? It looks like two sides are put together. Really hard to discribe for me, sorry.
                    where exactly is this seam on the cap? It looks like an original cap you have.why do you think it is fake?

Comment

Its not a seam, it is like the backside of wooven material. I will show you on the fotos.

Comment

have a look.
                        This material is so thick!
                        Just take the doeskinmaterila from the collartabs and fold it. Now you can see inside the weaving structur. This stuff looks the same way.
                        You really think that could be a real cap? amazing! That would strike me down
                        Attached Files

Comment

out in the sun
                          Attached Files

Comment

thickness!
                            double 5mm at the top of the "Umschlag"
                            Attached Files

Comment

the innerweave
                              Attached Files

Comment

with additional pictures I see what you were saying now. The material is quite unusual I agree and personally I haven't seen a material as thick as this one before in any cap or even uniforms. But the construction is correct and the lining looks good. Where have you got it from?I would post it in the headgear forum. who knows maybe it is foreign-made there is still a chance

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X