Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impossible to fake ?

Gents,
    i want to know wich ss-item is near impossible to fake.My rate is an early SS-Leaderdegen.
    I am glad for replys.
    Best.

Strange question ...
    But I should imagine nothing is impossible to fake
    Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
      Strange question ...
      But I should imagine nothing is impossible to fake
      Regards David
      indeed

Now fakes are sometime better made than the original items produced during the 30's and the 40's

Comment

At least they try to forge everything, but if they succeed... That´s another question!

Comment

Let me guess,you own one and are worried about its validity?

Comment

IMO is almost impossible make some really good fakes of the SS books,
            magazines or newpapers.
            I have never seen such items.

Regards

Peter

Comment

I would vote for paperwork too.If you have it in your hands..the feel and smell are hard to copy!

Comment

Yes, all can be faked but the guy with knowledge, will in the end have the chance to seperate bad from good. Study harder, be smarter, be wise and the fakers cant get to you. That might be easier said than done because it requires many many hourse of studies into every special topic of third reich, and especially SS. Not everyone has the advantage of handling real items and get that special knowledge.

But thats the only way if YOU are to be sure what you collect. And sure its original. Better safe than sorry.

Cheers
                //Felix

Comment

I think cloth is the easiest; as an aside.

Comment

It all depends. Some items are relatively easy to forge and others much more difficult. Suffice to say that every TR collector has a mixture of both, whether they are aware of it or not.

CB

Comment

Originally posted by tobau View Post
                      Gents,
                      i want to know wich ss-item is near impossible to fake.My rate is an early SS-Leaderdegen.
                      I am glad for replys.
                      Best.
                      Flatwire insignia imo

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                        Let me guess,you own one and are worried about its validity?

That was my immediate thought ....
                        Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                          Yes, all can be faked but the guy with knowledge, will in the end have the chance to seperate bad from good. Study harder, be smarter, be wise and the fakers cant get to you.
                          I always think BeVo machine-woven items are the easiest to spot .... very easy to manufacture BUT the materials and fine details always let the fakers down IF you've done due diligence on the subject.

Ian

Comment

Normally flatwire, I would just be interested if one machine has survived and where it is located.
                            That would be then a good money machine.

Comment

Has anyone ever seen a picture of a "flatwire" machine? How big were they?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X