SS m43 hat for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS m43 hat for review

A friend picked this up at auction and asked me to post.
    Attached Files

It is a classic fake cap. Nothing good here.

Comment

Originally posted by MM1985 View Post
      It is a classic fake cap. Nothing good here.
      Except the trap looks to be nice original. The hard to find version on black backing. Several points about the cap do not float my boat although someone may have added a dodgy SS-BW stamp along the way. However, the trap is worth good money,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
        Except the trap looks to be nice original. The hard to find version on black backing. Several points about the cap do not float my boat although someone may have added a dodgy SS-BW stamp along the way. However, the trap is worth good money,

Chris
        My thoughts as well.

Comment

Cap

Send a detailed closeup of the trap, so you can see the threads. I'm not sure trap is good, but not sure it's bad, either. Closeups!!

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the trap. I have posted a couple of 101% examples below for you to compare with. One panzer black backing, one field-grey backing. You will notice that also on these examples the horizontal black eye detail thread is 90 degrees from the vertical cream-white thread of the skull. There are three possible shades of thread used for the embroidery of the eagle & skull on this type of trap, 1/ cream-white 2/ silver-grey 3/ darker-grey,

Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X