SS uniform with printed eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS uniform with printed eagle

I posted pics of this vet find a while back . Tunic, visor and pants. But wanted to ask if anyone has or could point me in the direction of, pics of collector uniforms sporting this eagle. I know there are period pics but I was wondering if there were other collectors out there with an untouched uniform wearing the printed eagle as is here. Thanks very much.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Her is my m44. Tiny size. Skeleton lining. I would say 45 manufacture. Same eagle. Tabs were removed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting...The 'quality' NCO tunic looks completely strange with that "last ditch" bird. But if anyone was replacing an eagle or humping something together, why would they utilize a POS eagle like this on such a tunic??? Even a common Dachau variety eagle, which are available in quantity would look better. And that is the mystery in the strange combination. It seems that any self-respecting German tailor or quartermaster orderly would not place such a bird on a quality garment such as this. But in the end, who really knows….

Comment

Printed Eagle

It's a weird one but completely straight out of the vet's locker along with two flags. Go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
              why would they utilize a POS eagle like this on such a tunic???
              Can I just ask if this eagle is a POS what are your thoughts on late war printed wound badges and sleeve shields?

Comment

Photographic evidence has been found of NCO's in the 7th SS Division wearing the late war printed sleeve eagle,

Chris

Comment

Yes indeed there is, was just wondering if the poster in question thought that all late war printed insigna was worthless.

With regard to the tunic posted at the start, you never know, the owner may have said to his mates, look at this, one of the new eagles, nice eh?
                  Last edited by David Fettes; 07-13-2015, 07:39 AM. Reason: Cannot spell for toffee :(

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                    Yes indeed there is, was just wondering if the poster in question thought that all late war printed insigna was worthless.

With regard to the tunic posted at the start, you never know, the owner may have said to his mates, look at this, one of the new eagles, nice eh?
                    Good point Dave,the Third Reich wasn't run for collectors though we like to think it was

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                      Can I just ask if this eagle is a POS what are your thoughts on late war printed wound badges and sleeve shields?
                      My thoughts are the same: a POS. This ofcourse does not mean that it is not "valuable" on the collecting arena and worth money. Only that aesthetically, that is not something which looks appropriate or matches in quality with the rest of the garment or quality of the insignia, that is all. I am talking about the "look" not "how much is it worth on the market today"...

Comment

I love the looks of that tunic and would be pleased to have it in my collection.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Yeah its a great uniform with that uber pointy collar and uber pointy bat wing pocket flaps! Nice touch with French cuffs, sew in NCO boards,
                          very well suited for an NCO with authority!
                          The printed eagle is ugly but adds to the custom look!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                            I love the looks of that tunic and would be pleased to have it in my collection.

Bob Hritz
                            Bob my friend, I also like the look of the tunic, just would love to know what would go through anyone's head in placing that "last ditch" ugly bird on such a fine garment. But we will ne know I guess. As far as your collection, you have some of the most amazing material around!

Comment

Originally posted by DKNYC71 View Post
                              My thoughts are the same: a POS. This ofcourse does not mean that it is not "valuable" on the collecting arena and worth money. Only that aesthetically, that is not something which looks appropriate or matches in quality with the rest of the garment or quality of the insignia, that is all. I am talking about the "look" not "how much is it worth on the market today"...
                              Thanks for that, all clear now

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X