SS Woman Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by floriskok View Post
    Hmmm, so do you have problems with its originality or just with the provenance?
    I didnt bought it because of:
    - the dealer
    - the condition
    - the price
    - and last but not least the markings - to obvious to put them there

IMO a bad condition M43 was clever reworked to sell it for more than its value when leaving it a M43

Comment

older related thread: click!

Comment

I have not seen one Female guard or Helferin jacket Ive liked ever.None match correctly in cut or style in either case.Both are very different jackets too,guard and helferin such as signals.we all know that though.Just saying nevers aw a good one,teh one on oakleafs site is also terrible.

Comment

Jacket

I'm confused - are you saying that originally, the buttons were attached to the wearer's LEFT side, as is normal for a woman's tunic? The long, vertical seams certainly suggest it was originally a woman's tunic. Some observations:
          A. The collar flaps do not match any f.KL tunics I've ever seen.
          B. f.KL tunics with invisible pockets are generally seen with OPEN lapels like the woman on the far left.
          C. The overall appearance makes me think the wear is possibly artificially induced. Is it insect damage and rot, or the victim of an acid attack?
          D. Despite the rip, the sleeve eagle's condition doesn't seem to match the tunic's condition. No stains whatsoever?
          Note: I am not condemning this tunic out of hand - just raising some questions. The extreme rarity of f.KL tunics demand that they be heavily scrutinized. Who WOULDN'T be skeptical? Besides, there's no f.KL nametag to prove it's originality. pS: The woman on the far right IS wearing a man's shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
            pS: The woman on the far right IS wearing a man's shirt.
            I forget her name but she had dumped her uniform and tried to smuggle herself in with the prisoners ... unsuccessfully

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              I forget her name but she had dumped her uniform and tried to smuggle herself in with the prisoners ... unsuccessfully

Ian
              That's Annaliese Kohlmann. My spelling might be out, but that was her name. Captured at Belsen. Mark.

Comment

Indeed Cheers Mark.

Ian

Comment

I have previously owned this tunic in the past; I also purchased it from Martin but upon delivery and inspection I returned it to him. My personal observations were that it didn't add up due to a number of reasons previously mentioned here ( buttons wrong side , total lack of construction quality , eagle wear not consummate with jacket ect ect ). But for me the main reason was that it is evident that the jacket was quite simply in its previous life a M43 wool combat tunic. This is plain to see from the sewn up button and belt support holes ect ect. The reason that the markings are in the pocket flap liner is because when the tunic was reconstructed they used all the previous liner components that were in the wool combat tunic. My personal conclusion was that it was at best a post war civilian garment constructed from a wool combat tunic. The eagle has been added later ( it would not be hard to unpick a few stitches at the bottom of the sleeve liner in order to allow the eagle to be sewn directly onto the wool and not through the lining. ) Jim

Comment

Originally posted by waffen44 View Post
                    I have previously owned this tunic in the past; I also purchased it from Martin but upon delivery and inspection I returned it to him. My personal observations were that it didn't add up due to a number of reasons previously mentioned here ( buttons wrong side , total lack of construction quality , eagle wear not consummate with jacket ect ect ). But for me the main reason was that it is evident that the jacket was quite simply in its previous life a M43 wool combat tunic. This is plain to see from the sewn up button and belt support holes ect ect. The reason that the markings are in the pocket flap liner is because when the tunic was reconstructed they used all the previous liner components that were in the wool combat tunic. My personal conclusion was that it was at best a post war civilian garment constructed from a wool combat tunic. The eagle has been added later ( it would not be hard to unpick a few stitches at the bottom of the sleeve liner in order to allow the eagle to be sewn directly onto the wool and not through the lining. ) Jim
                    Agreed, it was described on my website as either KZ, or more likely an SS contract tunic re-worked so as to conform with civilian cut, as per allied discharge orders.

Martin.

www.hannahsreich.co.uk
                    Last edited by Martin Stiles; 06-11-2015, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Can I please also add that I have always found Martin to be nothing other that 100% honest and honourable in everything thing that he does and is a 100%.reputable person who makes our collecting community a safer place . James .

Comment

Jacket

Criticism of items isn't directed at sellers unless they KNOW something is amiss. As for the buyer......anyone can be fooled from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by uknews View Post
                          That's Annaliese Kohlmann. My spelling might be out, but that was her name. Captured at Belsen. Mark.
                          The pictures of her dealing the bodies at Belsen are horrific, the tableau displayed behind her and the other guard... it's like from Dante's inferno. No need to respond, I have no wish to derail the discussion.

Please continue.

Cheers.
                          http://www.bergenbelsen.co.uk/Pages/...CampStaffID=69

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                          X