No announcement yet.

Bullion sleeve eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys to be honest I didn't think a picture was really needed to give a estimate on the worth of a item. I was not trying to get opinions on weather it was real or fake. I just wanted to see what the value of a piece was in the condition I described. Thanks for the answers that where sincere and honest by members. For the rest of the comments that where not sorry to have wasted your time.

Comment

So you were willing to pay $900-$1000 to someone for an Eagle that you yourself cannot judge to be real or fake because as you say you have no idea of the value and anyone who has ever collected them or studied them does know the value. What will you do if you do post it and it turns out to be a big dud?????

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        So you were willing to pay $900-$1000 to someone for an Eagle that you yourself cannot judge to be real or fake because as you say you have no idea of the value and anyone who has ever collected them or studied them does know the value. What will you do if you do post it and it turns out to be a big dud?????
        Originally posted by blitzkrieg gsd View Post
        Guys I'm very excited for this it's my first real SS woodwork find.
        Excitement will turn into $1000 disappointment followed by anger John.

And how many times has a posted picture prevented that on this forum when it comes to SS officer eagles

The sad reality, the probability of a bad one is a lot higher than a good one but there is an easy way to check,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by PMan View Post
          Robert, do you have a nice $900 bullion sleeve eagle for sale that you can sell me. Please let me see it. I am interested
          They are out there, but you'll have to find it yourself. This is low end for an original, used sleeve eagle in unknown condition. If you are interested, I'm sure you'll find your eagle, and good luck.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
            The sad reality, the probability of a bad one is a lot higher than a good one

Chris
            Originally posted by John Pic View Post
            What will you do if you do post it and it turns out to be a big dud?????

Well said Chris & John ...
            Regards
            David

Comment

There are many respected voices chiming in here, and knowing whether something is original prior to purchase is a must.

The demand to see the item is understandable, but that's not what the posted asked for. He acknowledged that it was tough to make the call, but asked for the price (range) for a used, original eagle. He didn't ask for our help in determining originality.

WAF doesn't need to pass judgment on every item changing hands. He wanted a price, and doesn't want to do the show and tell part. Let's respectfully just let it go, and when he needs help determining if something is real, let him sign up as a member.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by PMan View Post
                Robert, do you have a nice $900 bullion sleeve eagle for sale that you can sell me. Please let me see it. I am interested
                Carsten Baldes got a nice one on his website, you must be quick when one is offered for 900 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                  There are many respected voices chiming in here, and knowing whether something is original prior to purchase is a must.

The demand to see the item is understandable, but that's not what the posted asked for. He acknowledged that it was tough to make the call, but asked for the price (range) for a used, original eagle. He didn't ask for our help in determining originality.

WAF doesn't need to pass judgment on every item changing hands. He wanted a price, and doesn't want to do the show and tell part. Let's respectfully just let it go, and when he needs help determining if something is real, let him sign up as a member.

regards, Robert
                  Thank you.

Comment

If you see one for USD 900 it is either pure luck (that does not happen often at dealers sites) or its totally oxidized or of questionable originality.

For a high grade quality SS bullion sleeve eagle, in sought after pattern and in decent shape the price starts at around USD 1500 IMO (very good price) and up to the roof at USD 2500 - 3000 (dealer prices)

//Felix

Comment

I don't know why we are getting wrapped around the axel on a hypothetical bottom end price for a bullion eagle. The requester has already bought the eagle. The price I gave is well within the prices for these at gun shows, smaller militaria shows, online sites, auctions, and yes, dealers. Not to mention sleepers.

I probably have ten of these. I've never spent more than 500 USD for one, including one last year. And no, I don't feel compelled to post them for review either, or direct anyone to where they can purchase one at that price. But anyone who has been collecting for any length of time knows these can be had (originals) at this price and lower.

s/f Robert

Comment

Felix is right about the price. Mint and tagged would be around $2500 IF you are lucky do find one. Textbook original just don't come up for sale too often especially when you are hunting for one.

Comment

regards, Robert
                          No one is demanding anything. I am just reading a request that seems to be very bad logic in use and giving advice because as many many others do they buy before they check on it then lose money. Advice is not demand..and whether a person asks for advice or not if you see a person about to shoot themselves in the foot you try to save them.

Comment

Since we have not seen the pictures nor been asked to comment, it seems a useless gesture to force ourselves into judging it for originality - that's all.

Without pictures, no one is shooting themselves in the foot - we don't know if it's real or not. No reason to believe he didn't get a great deal (hope so) or got burned. Not our business either - he didn't ask for opinions, just a price range.

I chose to answer his basic question, and now people are posting what their experiences are in their own countries and areas. That's great - that's all the poster was asking for, and I'm glad to see more contributions.

s/f Robert

Comment

Since we have not seen the pictures nor been asked to comment, it seems a useless gesture to force ourselves into judging it for originality - that's all.

Without pictures, no one is shooting themselves in the foot - we don't know if it's real or not. No reason to believe he didn't get a great deal (hope so) or got burned. Not our business either - he didn't ask for opinions, just a price range.

I chose to answer his basic question, and now people are posting what their experiences are in their own countries and areas. That's great - that's all the poster was asking for, and I'm glad to see more contributions.

s/f Robert
                              actually militaria prices have become global since the internet introduction with the new motto "Collectors of the world, unite!"

Comment

I had a good idea of the value from looking at dealer sites and seeing their asking prices. We all know that the price a dealer is asking can sometimes not be a good estimate of value. My idea was to ask you guys to see what price range you would put it in. I figured that would give me a better idea of the true value of the piece. Or at least what another collector would be willing to pay for a item. As for the originality of the item I had already made my decision on that. So I didn't see the need to ask for others opinions on that. Not that I don't value the opinions of the members here because I do. You guys are the best source in the world for that. But I felt comfortable making the decision on originality on this particular piece myself. The asking price was good enough that it made taking a chance on my own judgement worth it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X