Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original FP 1942 SS Pith Helmet Shields from Vet's widow

Fresh out of the woodwork with vet grouping from a 39th Combat Engineering
    2nd Battalion Tech Sgt's widow. Grouping included 7 other original items including a Heer Artillery Capt. tunic, visor, and 3 helmets. 2 sets of original ss pith helmet shields were found in pocket of heer tunic. I know the controversy over the FP shields and the fact that only JFS marked shields are considered original. I thought the same unitil Sunday when I got these right from the vet source, all brought back or sent back by him.

Am posting preliminary pics I took the other night, will post better ones upon returning home at end of week. Hopes this helps document existence of the
    JP marked shields.
    Attached Files

regeln

I don't follow rules, I follow construction.

Comment

I have to concur. These are not original. Sometimes vets bought items after the war at shows, flea-markets etc to go in their displays. Some vets were even collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
        Sometimes vets bought items after the war at shows, flea-markets etc to go in their displays. Some vets were even collectors.
        My grandfather was a vet and he used to pick up stuff at flea markets and yard sales all the time. The photo of the back shield even seems to have the remains of an old price sticker as well.

regards,

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerJager1944 View Post
          My grandfather was a vet and he used to pick up stuff at flea markets and yard sales all the time. The photo of the back shield even seems to have the remains of an old price sticker as well.

regards,
          Indeed a price sticker was there...the prongs are definitely not the pattern you want to see....

Comment

ok

well, these were in the pocket of a tunic and grouping I bought so didn't even know they were there until Sunday night when I got home after the purchase so no costs in 2 sets of fakes is all right by me, never know what you have till you run on the forum and get all the "experts" opinion

Comment

Nice sets of original FP 1942 SS pith shields IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X