Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E S Arm Eagle - Croatian

Hello everyone,

This came in today from a house clearance here in Germany.

It is UV negitive and seems to have a little tag rest on it.

Would like any comments on it....

Thanks
    Attached Files

That would not be for me ... it looks like they adapted the fake hammerhead design to make it E.S. instead.

Ian

Comment

Strange even the free stuff nowadays is rubbish...

Comment

It is quite long, the hammerheads I found on the forum are quite different.

Comment

I have serious doubts...compare!
          Marc posted this one a while ago...
          Attached Files

Comment

Its all good I am just shocked its fake given where it was found... It also never cost me a penny... I will throw it in the junk box!

Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by chris235 View Post

Its all good I am just shocked its fake given where it was found... It also never cost me a penny... I will throw it in the junk box!

Thanks Guys
              Maybe its a crude variant? (since it was found in a "believable" location!).... Still an ugly looking bird!
              I owned this one at one time...but not black backed so perhaps Slovak Volksdeutsche related? (same design eagle)
              Also crude looking but the wings, beak and overall proportions are certainly much neater in appearance!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NickG; 05-19-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Hi!

It may just be..

What did you own at one time?

Comment

E.S. men actually often used regular SS sleeve eagles...Their uniforms (SD pattern shown here) probably came like this...
                  The cap eagle is still ES pattern!
                  Attached Files

Comment

My E.S. cap eagle as shown on the period schirmmutze visor image with a pinched metal E.S. eagle
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting!

I am also in two minds here, the proportions are not nice that is established.

It is also quite big and has a stretched apperance to it.

As for where it was found - like I said in a house clearance! There was nothing else I found there related to WW2 or WW1.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by chris235 View Post
                        Interesting!

I am also in two minds here, the proportions are not nice that is established.

It is also quite big and has a stretched apperance to it.

As for where it was found - like I said in a house clearance! There was nothing else I found there related to WW2 or WW1.

Regards
                        Maybe it's for an "E.S." panzer beret! (Just kidding!)

Comment

I like the 'banter' but we are still no further than speculation...

If this was a fake would there not be a few more known?

I always upload things on here and people either say fake or real, and when its fake they are able to say why or say that is a known fake.

I would like to be more sure before I throw it away...

Comment

Well, does it look real you think? I go by my gut and say no...
                            The total lack of German workman ship is a clue,
                            which explains the reason why I posted the black backed "perfect" example for comparison, but on the other hand ...
                            it could be foreign made (in Croatia I guess) and therefor crude...
                            Was it found there? Note that the E.S. metal cap eagles are not crude...no doubt German made for Croat use!

Note:
                            - the "Gonzo" beak
                            -One wing is straight, the other not so much...
                            -the spotted owl chest is not convincing...
                            -the swastika is off kilter (crooked)
                            - the shield border stitching is crude too...and asymmetrical
                            - rounded shape of the (uneven!) fletching reminds me of the fake Italian SS eagles
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NickG; 05-19-2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to explain Nick.

I also shared some of your thoughts as It is not what I would call German made.

It is crude and it is sloppy work..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X