No announcement yet.

Opinions on Waffen SS Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

middle school sewing project. Nothing like any original I've ever seen in construction, and that insignia is horrendous. Compare with the thousands of originals on this forum.

Comment

Greetings & welcome to the forum Heinrich! To avoid forum members having to sift thru the multiple images & pop ups I'll bite the bullet & post only 2 of the images of the tunic in question. Run away from this train wreck as fast as you can! One look at the horrible insignia is enough to send one over the edge! Id expect a group of 1st graders could do a much nicer job reproducing Waffen SS insignia than the joker who made these. Its so bad it would be funny if some poor sucker wouldn't somehow fool himself that he found some rare variant or "foreign made" treasure. Even the collar tabs are made from same material as the tunic and the runes made Latvian homestyle runes look like RZM prototypes! This is absolutely the worst wanna be Ive seen! Criminal!
      Attached Files

Comment

Comparison B:
        Attached Files

Comment

Comparison A:
          Attached Files

Comment

Tut ....
            What on earth is that ?
            I think you need spec savers
            Regards
            Daviod

Comment

That insignia is remarkable in its crudity. I think the worst I have ever seen. "Middle school sewing project" that was mentioned earlier is a good guess.
              Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

That's the "Humming-Bird" Division, isn't it?
                All kidding aside, that should be up for an award as the WORST copy of an SS tunic ever made!!
                Tim

Comment

My 9 year old daughter could do better work!

Comment

Talentless mutti sewing a tunic for her disturbed child or husband.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Yes, of course it is not an original piece, but it looks like a home made uniform, possibly for a child? It does seem to have some age to it just might be from the period.
                      PS, scratch the child idea. It appears to large for that.
                      CB

Comment

Possibly a Halloween costume?

Comment

thanks to all of you for your thoughts!

the answers came real quick and a lot of real experts here around!

i am not into collecting SS, thats why i've posted it here for check.
                          i thought already this is crap, even I have never seen something like this before.
                          this piece was found in a box along with 2 other tunics same like this one and 3 belts incl. buckles. all SS ones and the belts and buckles were 100% original. the other 2 jackets were sold, this is the last remaining.

but i'll give this a pass anyway.

Comment

When I see a Thread with the headline "Opinions on this Waffen SS tunic" I get excited, ready to see even a half decent throw together...but this? Really? What the heck is that ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X