SS Panzer Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Panzer Wrap

Gents... opinions on this one, Heer cut wrap either than re-fitted or to be used for an SS man. Dated 1940. Thoughts?
    Attached Files

collar/tab

two more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle/Markings

Arm and Inside.
      Attached Files

Comment

Original Heer wrap. Impossible to tell when that insignia was applied, but if I was a betting man (and I am) I would say post-1945, and closer to 1995.

Comment

I believe this is the one Bill Shea found and was previously in an old museum in the 70's.

Has been for sale for ages if I remember correctly.

Comment

Correct !
            It has been period worn like this of course but when were the badges reapplied ?
            Period or post war , even in a museum ...?
            As i remember the price requested was a bit"high"also ?
            Nick

Comment

I would recommend only buying it as a sum of the parts, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                I would recommend only buying it as a sum of the parts, if at all.
                Fully agree!

Comment

I strongly disagree with this part of the item describtion:

"Examples of this type of usage of a Heer garment by the SS is well documented in Scott Pritchett's new book on SS Panzer Feldjacke. "

The Jacket shown in the Pritchet SS Panzer Feldjacke on page 33-37 has the 90° SS Cut on the front and a back seam like WH wraps and the example shown in the pritchett book is showing 2 quadrantshaped pockets inside (normal WH tank wraps have one quadrantshaped pocket and one rectangular pocket inside - look at the thread starter).

The wrap in the Pritchett Book is a perfect example for early war manufactured SS Tank wrap (a mix between SS and WH wrap). Similar early SS STUG wraps made by the same maker can be viewed in the Mike Beaver Vol. III Uniforms of the Waffen SS on page 768-773.

As mentioned below imo the thread starter is worth the sum of it`s parts (original WH wrap + SS insignia).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X