Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captured holster with skull insignia

Good night to all of you out there,

I was hoping to get some opinions on the following holster for a friend of mine,
    again. The youngster could get some help on his holster!
    As I mainly collect Flemish items I am afraid I can not help him that much as you guys would/ could!
    thanks in advance!!!!

Tim, and my friend Justin

The holster as it was presented.....
    Attached Files

Comment

skull insignia

I believe the tk is Italian.

cheers,
      Pauli

Comment

you are right!!

Comment

I believe the tk is Italian.

What makes you say that?

Comment

this pattern was made by the Italian firm Lorioli for the WSS in the years 44-45

Comment

Originally posted by Barzini View Post
              this pattern was made by the Italian firm Lorioli for the WSS
              Correct

Ian

Comment

Story of this piece

Hey guys! Thank you for the input. Now my uncle is the owner of tho holster and the luger that came with it. The story goes in 1947 as a boy his friends father comes to him and gives him a luger stuffed into this holster. From the way my uncle described his patch on the ones he gave him it appears he was in the 45th infantry division. And the vet told my unlce that at the end of the war he took this off a surrendering german. The holster is named and I'd like to research it and See if anyone put at Dachau during its liberation has the same last name seeing the 45th liberated it right?
                With luck I can research the name and find out it was an SS Man who owned it. I assume kt was because my uncle was told they both came of the same prisoner.

Any input if there is a chance that's where he picked it up would be appreciated.
                I understand the answers "buy the piece not the story" "there is no way to tell"
                Because im not buying it and its named

Comment

Good afternoon, the Italian-made skull would have been added to the holster by a GI not the original keeper. The Lorioli skull is found on Italian SS caps ... without looking it up perhaps the veteran saw action in Italy and Southern Germany (where Munich/Dachau is) ?

If you tell us the German's name perhaps he will be listed as being at the camp although many people were listed as being captured 'at the camp' when, in fact they were captured in the area of the camp or indeed in or around Munich.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

To complicate things further, the holster is of the police style. Even though it is the police type holster these were known and can be seen in a number of period to have been used by W-SS personnel. I agree that the skull was added by the vet, but it is very possible that both the skull and holster were taken from the same soldier/officer.

Comment

Thank you for the input. The skull was for sure added by the vet. But I assumed being in the 45th and getting to and around Dachau at wars end made me put the two together. I'm add photos of the name and luger later this week. The luger has the last 4 digits of its Serial number X'd out. But it in good shape otherwise.

What would be the best way to research it be?

Thanks!

Comment

It depends on the name ... if there's the name and abbreviated rank (as these were often written) then it may just be possible to find your man. Try posting it here for starters ..

Ian

Comment

These used to be in my collection
                          Attached Files

Comment

Backside
                            Attached Files

Comment

Love these Italian SS skulls, would love to get one someday. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X