X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"logo". Existed 6 variants of fonts !!!
    Attached Files

Comment

So .. .there is all correction about my statements. Hope this helps !

Best regards,
      Alex

Comment

Mark H. , If you are getting into tags get the Jean Hoidal book and the best order of battle books and CDs you can get your hands on! Do searchs on all the forums and handle as many as you can put your hands on. Also go to a re enacting and take a look at what some of the guys are wearing,,all that and a little experience might get you thru that minefield with just schrapnel wounds,,we have all 'been there' , G.

the photos are not the best but from what I see I like all of the tags you showed....

Comment

Hi Alex,

I really appreciate the update. These tags are really hard to positively say yes or no. I will confess that the SS VERFUGUNGSTRUPPE still causes me some doubt but I have not seen these in great quantity on the collector market, normally a trend with dealers is to stock with the repros then release them onto the market slowly. As I said a friend of mine has an E/LAH with the same font as mine the provenance is irrefutable, but mined will remain a don't know until it can be proved either way. In UK about 8-10 years ago you could buy zinc and aluminium tags with every famous SS unit, Der Fuhrer, Deutschland, Germania Wiking Totenkopf etc. They were being made in quantity in Russia.
          I do not collect tags I just picked these up along the way. I'll post the only other 2 I have tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by pimpf
          So .. .there is all correction about my statements. Hope this helps !

Best regards,
          Alex

Comment

Here are my last 2 id discs

The first is to SS panz pi Batl 2. It has a stammrolle number but no blood group. it is very fragile, some daylight can be seen between the stamping,

The second is an SS Wach Btl Tag, I think this should be beyond question.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by Mark Holden
            Hi Alex,

I really appreciate the update. These tags are really hard to positively say yes or no. I will confess that the SS VERFUGUNGSTRUPPE still causes me some doubt but I have not seen these in great quantity on the collector market, normally a trend with dealers is to stock with the repros then release them onto the market slowly. As I said a friend of mine has an E/LAH with the same font as mine the provenance is irrefutable, but mined will remain a don't know until it can be proved either way. In UK about 8-10 years ago you could buy zinc and aluminium tags with every famous SS unit, Der Fuhrer, Deutschland, Germania Wiking Totenkopf etc. They were being made in quantity in Russia.
            I do not collect tags I just picked these up along the way. I'll post the only other 2 I have tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

reverse
              Attached Files

Comment

wach btl
                Attached Files

Comment

Mark , don't let wear in cord holes or extream bad condition tags make you think that they are real. I have seen many tricks to age tags. I liked the first set of tags you showed..These, not really....

The Pz tag shows signs of being recently stamped. Of course on a original blank dug decrepit tag. When this it done you will blast out the back. Put back in ground for a few months longer or another type of fake aging and you will have this exact tag. The runes, generic nature of the stamps, signs or recent stamping would make me stay away ..

The Wach.Btl.,,Maybe I'm not right but these type tags weren't made in combat or field conditions. I have only seen 2 and the stampings were very neat. This tag shows signs of acid dropings..Weird runes, acid, a little sloppy,again enough for me to stay away from..
                  IF your not paying a small fortune for them and happy with them thats really all that matters in the end..

The fakers of these SS tags are getting better and better all the time ,,warning to all*** be very careful of SS KAV. and SS Police tags..The new stamps are perfect. When done on original blank tags properly there is no way of distinguishing them..Some will laugh and say 'Ha Ha' on the tag guys..But it is a trickel down effect,,,they will start to be made to add to Soldbuchs,,WPs and groupings.
                  , G

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X