SS Officer's eagle on tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer's eagle on tunic

A friend of mine literally pulled an SS-officer's tunic out of the closet at an SS-veteran's house nearly 20 years ago.

I am interested in the tunic and would like to know more about the SS eagle on the tunic. Which maker is it? I can't find references in older threads...

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Nailing down the maker is not possible when sewn down, and most of these have been identified and labeled by personalities identified in photos.

Basically, anyone with a contract and a template could manufacture these for wartime tunics. What does the rest of the tunic look like?

regards, Robert

Comment

Its a post war so called Sieder fake.

//Felix

Comment

Well, there's a name you hope your eagle is not associated with. But it makes the point.

Comment

Definitely a Sieder fake Felix hit it right on the nose ! That tunic did not come from a vets closet.

Comment

Could we see the rest of the tunic?

s/f Robert

Comment

Here it is...
              Attached Files

Comment

Collar patches..
                Attached Files

Comment

Back
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well, I wonder about the rest now...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tunic also has fake collar tabs and a fake cuff title. Your friend has been taken for a ride.

//Felix

Comment

Yes a high end fake by HSC productions in France. I think this one was sold some years ago by a well known dealer who is still a member of this website. I am certain he thought it was original as these fooled many many people. The material used to line the collar is a dead giveaway as it was used in many of the faked tunics.

Comment

Wouldn't it be customary for the rank tab to be applied and the pips applied later, piercing the collar? I see many original officers sets with the pips in place before sewn to the jacket like this, was it the tailors choice or is there any "right" way so to speak? Curious. Officers tunics are not my area.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X