WSS M43 Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS M43 Cap

Hi guys, I wanted to share my favorite M43 cap with the group. An officer's type is pictured in the Beaver/Shea book on SS Headgear. Hope you like it. Comments and opinions welcome.
    John
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Original cap. Heer with Ss insignia. There is a two button Ss insignia with eagle machine stitched straight and tk hand apllied but in the last two years I saw an abnormal quantity of cap with this squared folded swastika.

Comment

I can't help but think there's a stripped red fez out there somewhere.

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian, I am not a expert on this stuff, however I don't believe these are fez stripped insignia. Mike Davis has an exact example of this cap on his site under his personal collection. Also several caps like this have been posted on this forum all with raving reviews from the experts. And then there is the cap in the Beaver Shea with the exact same insignia. Clearly not fez insignia.
          Thanks,
          John

Comment

It is a combination often found on the red fez, who am I to question the people you have listed though.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Hi Ian, I think its fine to question anyone on this forum, expert or not. I am just pointing out my own observations. I have never seen this unique style of TK on any other type cap but these M43 caps. Maybe you can post a picture of a fez with this type of TK with the large front tooth.. It would be very helpful.
              Regards,
              John

Comment

Originally posted by John Degioanni View Post
                Maybe you can post a picture of a fez with this type of TK with the large front tooth.. It would be very helpful.
                Regards,
                John
                I thought the 'large front tooth' was damage ...

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                  I thought the 'large front tooth' was damage ...

Ian
                  No problem Ian. Thanks for commenting.
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                    Original cap. Heer with Ss insignia. There is a two button Ss insignia with eagle machine stitched straight and tk hand apllied but in the last two years I saw an abnormal quantity of cap with this squared folded swastika.
                    Thanks Mauro for commenting. I agree it has a Heer type rbn number, however I don't believe this was ever a Heer cap. It is well known that the SS could not meet all their uniform and headgear demands through their supply system. They contracted Heer sources to meet the demand. I believe rbn numbers are well known in original SS headgear.
                    Thanks,
                    John

Comment

100% original untouched WSS M43 field cap .
                      You don't have to be worried,it's a good one.
                      Here is mine,ex Mike Davis collection.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Emilio for taking the time to comment and post your great cap!
                        I feel these are great pieces.
                        Best regards,
                        John

Comment

yes, of course but this is one of wellknow method to speculate in "variants"... i accept ss using i accept the lot were bought by SS system... and this is the reason about tk hand sewn. IMO it remains a 2 button cap with a totekopf hand stitched, rbnr numbers and eagle machine sewn. mint.
                          if people, as i saw, wants pay more than a single button machine sewn insignias... i raise up my hands.

Comment

Nice and rare ! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks Urka for commenting
                              Regards,
                              John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X