VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Silver Tea Serving ? Hard to believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Silver Tea Serving ? Hard to believe.

Hello, I hope this is OK to post in this section. These can not be real right? They are not for sale and not mine , but on a chat site. So far though asked, the owner has not produced and photos of any markings. I doubted them for the following reasons : 1- funky applied eagles....2-two different sets have been used, this is not a matching set....3- no other known examples and these would represent two different sets, so you would think an example of one of those sets would be around...4-if made to fit these various size pots, I think originals would have varied the eagle size based on the size of the container. The smaller ones with smaller eagles etc. Curious to see how they are marked.

Any comments appreciated. Michael
    Attached Files

No sir.. Your suspicions are right.. Those eagles are applied to all kinds of things from steins to old Zippo style lighters to walking canes to whatever.. And every single one ive ever seen in hand or otherwise is bogus.. Humped up crap made to sell and for a lot of money to someone who'll pay a premium for an SSitem.. Or third riech in general.. The base set itself may be period.. I've no idea.. But they have nothing to do with the SS.. That's just my 2cents.

Comment

I went to Eastern Europe last Summer and saw a lot of stuff like this. My favorite was a wooden coffee grinder that had a LW pith helmet eagle nailed into it. As noted they are adding stiff to period junk with the hope to increase value.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X