Market value of LAH officer's cypers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back of the cypher

Chris, the back of this one is very bad, but I have another of the same type with better attachment of the prongs.
    I have a couple of more fakes but I need to take better pictures.
    Last edited by areilley; 11-24-2005, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Cyphers

I would be interested in buying a Gothic "G" cypher on Kai's site, but I get scared away after looking at the LAH cyphers.

Back to the original question, I bought this board from Steve Wolfe, in our conversation, Steve said that he had been offered nearly $1,000 to take the cypher off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Holden
        more
        From my view this looks good. It doesnt show any cast characteristics.It would merit a closer look. For anybody interested in LAH insignia there is an early baroque style board on Kia-winklers site.It should be discussed futher.The Collectors Guild cypher is a good one.Peter tends to err on the side of caution and would not list it if he had any doubts.If anybody thinks the cyphers that started this thread are original,I have several I will sell for half the price of the one at the Collectors Guild.Mine come with a unconditional Guarantee being made POST45.I will even ship them in a cracker jack box.Cheers Steve

Comment

Well, I'll say...

So that's why they haven't sold. Thanks a million for the info!

Best, Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SJP
            Mine come with a unconditional Guarantee being made POST45.I will even ship them in a cracker jack box.Cheers Steve
            ...and if it turned out to be PRE 1945, I'm sure you'd be heartbroken to refund thier money.

Comment

Originally posted by landsknechte
              ...and if it turned out to be PRE 1945, I'm sure you'd be heartbroken to refund thier money.
              I am sure I wont be refunding any money in this lifetime. Steve

Comment

LAH cypher

I am not sure about this cypher, what does everyone else think of it?

Comment

LAH cypher

Here is the reverse

Comment

LAH Cyphers

Here is one more, it is attached to the board and the prongs do not come through. By feel, it seems to be two pronged.

Comment

Finally, some color scans of my cyphers:

(Obverse)

Comment

(Reverse)

Comment

Sorry Landsknechte their still bad.From areilley's scans they show more promise but one would still need to handel them.The board looks nice for sure but I have seen fake cyphers on good boards.Also period photo's show all nco grades wearing a combination of either cloth or metal cyphers.That isnt a detail one would want to put any importance on when determining weather a board is good or not, IMO.Cheers &Happy New Year Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SJP
                            Sorry Landsknechte their still bad.From areilley's scans they show more promise but one would still need to handel them.The board looks nice for sure but I have seen fake cyphers on good boards.Also period photo's show all nco grades wearing a combination of either cloth or metal cyphers.That isnt a detail one would want to put any importance on when determining weather a board is good or not, IMO.Cheers &Happy New Year Steve
                            I'm a little confused... My cyphers and Alan's are different items.

--Chris

Comment

Originally posted by landsknechte
                              I'm a little confused... My cyphers and Alan's are different items.

--Chris
                              Your right Chris ,the ones you have been posting IMO are poor copies.Allans have more hope.Cheers Steve

Comment

Allan,

IMHO, (I am not at all knowledgeable on cyphers) but by comparing your broken one with Pete Whamonds(original?) and mine (original????) I think the construction characteritics indicate it is the same manufacturer. Look at the thickness of the stamping at the bottom of your cypher compare it to Pete's and mine. Anyway as mine is not a confirmed original I only offer it as an opinion, not definite fact. Bottom line I like your broken one, not sure on the board mounted one but my gut says it too may be good.

Cheers

Mark
                                Last edited by Mark Holden; 01-01-2005, 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X