Officer research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer research

I know there is a gentleman here who does research on SS officers, an anyone share a link or how to get ahold of him? I'm trying to search for the previous link and his name, no luck to date, Thanks in advance. I know there was a list published in 38, but is there any such listing or way to research SS officers post 38? I have found this micofilm list as well, but have no idea how to access it:

http://downloads.sturmpanzer.com/Gui...ficerIndex.pdf

I have the individuals name, DOB, and some other pertinent details, but want to find out in which unit he served, so forth and so on.
    Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 03-02-2015, 02:45 AM.

I need research done on someone also so I'm interested in finding out.

Comment

Anyone may go to College Park, Md. And do the research on their own . There is a room where all the SS files are on microfilm . Thet have the microfilm readers and attached copy machines. All is free except the copying. Photographing is allowed as an alternative.

For those that can't make the trip there are several researchers that will do it for a fee. I believe John Moore has copied everything on CDs and is or was a member here.

I found the SS file, race file and NSDAP file on my named tunic.

Comment

Scott and Mil Man,

I do this research upon request. Send me a PM with what you've got on the individuals and I'll get back with you regarding when I can go there, cost, etc..

vr

Bob

Comment

When I researched Wilhelm Bittrich, NARA sent me the microfilm and it also contained about 30 (maybe more) other officer/ss men. Someday I will have to make a list and see if I can help anybody with there search.
          Ron

Comment

The microfilm is great if you have a microfilm machine to view and print it.

If the roll they sent you contained both officers and enlisted men in all likelihood you did not get his personnel file. SS officers are all in their own series of rolls. There are other series of rolls that do combine documents for officers and men, but the full personnel files are separate. You may have received his RuSHa file. If you would like me to see if they have his Personalakten I'd be happy to do so.

Originally posted by tanker View Post
            When I researched Wilhelm Bittrich, NARA sent me the microfilm and it also contained about 30 (maybe more) other officer/ss men. Someday I will have to make a list and see if I can help anybody with there search.
            Ron
            Last edited by Waffenreich; 03-06-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

It may very well just be officers as it has been quite some time I have viewed it. Fortunately, our library has a reader. Ron

Originally posted by Waffenreich View Post
              The microfilm is great if you have a microfilm machine to view and print it.

If the roll they sent you contained both officers and enlisted men in all likelihood you did not get his personnel file. SS officers are all in their own series of rolls. There are other series of rolls that do combine documents for officers and men, but the full personnel files are separate. You may have received his RuSHa file. If you would like me to see if they have his Personalakten I'd be happy to do so.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X