Embroidered SS Officer's Collar Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embroidered SS Officer's Collar Tabs

While browsing through collar tabs online, I came across a number of machine embroidered officer's tabs. I'm much more familiar with the bullion style officer's collar tabs, so I'd like to learn from the experts about this type of tab. I haven't seen much information about this particular style. The tabs look pretty good to me, but I've heard that the "rougher" weave cloth that is found on these tabs is often used in fakes. All of these tabs are very similar (right down to the white stitches on the back), and most of them are in very good condition. That could be a good or bad thing... Are these tabs authentic, or are they reproductions? Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Single Tab #1:

Single Tab #2:

Tab Set:

Hello Dave.

All these tabs look good to me. While I don't have the particular style in my collection, it is certainly an exceptable late-war variant of the offz bullion style as seen in Mike Beaver's book on Insignina and Artifacts of the Waffen SS on page 112, as well on this tunic http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=767323 I hope other's who do have this style in their collections will chime in as I'd like hear their observations and opinions regarding this style.

Take care and happy collecting.

Comment

Fine examples of Late war tabs ...
      Quite easy to come by if you keep em pealed
      Regards
      David

Comment

Really nice tabas
        and the tunic itself in the link...great piece

Comment

The style is an authentic type. There are lots of unissued sets around.

Not as nice as hand embroided or flatwire but still very nice.

A set currently on the estand.

free upload image

And the set in my collection.

image hosting 30 mb

Comment

Thanks, guys! I saw the set on the E-Stand, but I didn't include them in my original post because I didn't want it to seem like I was calling the authenticity of the seller's items into question. I'm glad my instincts were right about these tabs!

I've been searching high and low for a single officer's runic tab in good condition (most of the issued pairs are a bit out of my price range right now). The unissued pairs are nice, but a piped tab looks lonely without a few pips on it. Unfortunately, after digging through over a hundred dealer sites, I've found a grand total of three tabs, none of which seemed like "the one." This will be my first officer's tab, so I want it to be a really nice example. I guess the search continues!
            Last edited by daveward; 03-01-2015, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Nice items love the all
              especially this TK bevo officers tab
              very rare to see even on pictures

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X