EM Nebelwerfer slip on shoulder straps and sleeve patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pauke View Post
    I think the Richtabzeichen and the shoulder straps are aged to appear old, but they are all reproductions.
    Pictures do not justice to them. They are really old and not aged. Natural wear and worn material. Old threads. No the typical old materials sewn together with new threads. Smell old...
    The sleeve patch was purchased later by the previous owner to make the set.
    Besides the shoulder straps has been made with different machines. See the vvv stitching and the key holes... It is not the same machine for sure.
    Too much for fakers IMO...

Comment

The patch is no more than 20 years old-about 5 years ago they were showing up all over the place and are not original

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Richtkannonier

And in my opinion the boards are fake also. SS werfer units wore red, the bordo color was used by the legal branch. This stuff can be aged to look like this very very easily.

Comment

Boards seem pretty legit to me.
        I have a smoke piped SS single board also and an em smoke pair direct from a dachau find last year.

Comment

I do not like the stitching and way they are sewn. Almost looks like they were opened and resewn. The SS did use this color but as far as I have been able to tell by looking at records and talking to SS veterans back in the day it was not for Nebel but only used by judicial and legal administrative services.

Comment

That I am not sure of on these boards. Seems pretty worn. So hard to tell from photos sometimes. A hands on is always best in these circumstances. I would not think the office work of a judicial worker would explain the excessive wear on that piping.

I would imagine that judicial would be filled with mostly ranks of nco's and officers. But I guess enlisted could be also.

QUOTE=Johnny R;6820178]I do not like the stitching and way they are sewn. Almost looks like they were opened and resewn. The SS did use this color but as far as I have been able to tell by looking at records and talking to SS veterans back in the day it was not for Nebel but only used by judicial and legal administrative services.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Here are mine. Pair and single.
              Attached Files

Comment

Piping.
                Attached Files

Comment

If that is the true color in the images they are on the fence and learning toward Veterinarian. The boards that started this thread are a similar color. Note the hats towards the end.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=423175

Comment

I know my boards and waffenfarben. These are definitely smoke not vet. Compared with heer smoke and ss veterinary on left versus heer boards on the right with the common vet slip tabs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Those images look better and closer to Nebel. Vet can come very close and there is no one color for either branch. The right side is carmine and the left nebel

I can tell you from years of looking through nebeltruppe documents, reading vet accounts and talking to Vets that there is nothing indicating SS werfer units wore Bordo but a lot of evidence that they wore red piping. I think all these "SS nebelwerfer" boards are most likely Vet or if a darker red probably were for legal administration.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Boards started this thread are 100% good, there are absolutely no signs which would make them fake.

Comment

Originally posted by EiSVOGEL' View Post
                          Boards started this thread are 100% good, there are absolutely no signs which would make them fake.
                          I think they are original too...
                          I enclose new pics under natural light without flash. Obviously they are made by different sewing machines. The feldgrau backing is also different and waffenfarbe color is red bordeaux IMO.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X