SS officer overseas cap on Estand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer overseas cap on Estand

I was wondering what do you think about this cap currently on Estand. Seems like a nice one to me, but I would like to see what experienced collectors think.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=788624

Regards, Jack

good one Jack

Comment

Yes its a nice one...

Comment

textbook

Comment

Looks OK and very nice to me!

Comment

as said : textbook

Comment

Guys, Are you sure about that? There are some red flags.

The cap is rounded on the top ends like EM ones Check SS officer caps, they are squared off like U.S. officer caps for whatever reason.

Strange white stitching on the liner, which is an usual dark color.

Probably the most important, the outside of the cap is worn enough to ruin the bevo insignia, but the leather and entire lining is mint brand new?

Looks made up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by salt*creek View Post
                Guys, Are you sure about that?...Looks made up to me.
                +1

B. N. Singer

Comment

The insignia are textbook EM/NCO BeVo ...

Ian

Comment

Insignia came from a different cap?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by salt*creek View Post
                      Insignia came from a different cap?
                      Yep, look at the wear....

//Felix

Comment

Could insignia worn out due to not so friendly storage, while hidden interior got preserved better? Just a though. Insignia is machine stitched. Is it possible to machine apply insignia without opening the cap body or a liner?

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
                          Could insignia worn out due to not so friendly storage,
                          That was what I was thinking also...

Especially as the wear to the Skull and Eagle are centralised to where the apex of the fold would be exposed to rubbing / abrasion.

It is definitely mint on the inside...

Comment

As with all W SS items we usually view them with a certain caution. Insignia is of course 100% original & textbook. Cap is a good one with proper attachment of piping & satouche. Lining color is unusual but NOT unheard of, as is the white stitching. In the end, we may never know if the cap is untouched. Question is one of taste & how well you would sleep at night owning it. Because of this it may hurt resale value if the need ever presents itself. Personally, Id love to have it in my collection. IMO, I think a slight price adjustment would improve its "curb appeal". To me it is what it is: An original cap with original insignia. IF restored quite a nice job as it does have very appealing patina. Good luck to seller and congrats to future owner, its a pretty sexy one.... Regards, Rich

PS:
                            Id normally expect to see the insignia hand applied and yes, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to machine stitch the eagle AFTER construction. I stress the DIFFICULTY as its not impossible. But I don't see any red flags as far as someone trying to deceive...just a matter of opinion I guess.....

Comment

Originally posted by cossack1648 View Post
                              Could insignia worn out due to not so friendly storage, while hidden interior got preserved better? Just a though. Insignia is machine stitched. Is it possible to machine apply insignia without opening the cap body or a liner?

That was my thought, too. Those BeVo insignias are pretty fragile, when it comes to rubbing etc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X