Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Oberscharführer tunic found in attic. I have some doubts. Original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

rune tab and sleeve eagle look authentic to me, as do the moth bites

William Kramer
          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

What ashame the mothman claimed another victim.

Comment

I can't say this way or the other, wait for other's opinions. I have few questions however. There is no closeup picture of the right breast pocket, but other pictures give an impression like something was above it where Heer breast eagle would normally be on WH tunic. Or is it just my monitor. Collar dark green material seems to have nonconsistent wear with the rest of the tunic. Also, where NCO tunics without collar tress?

Jack

Comment

Tunic is good and made by wellknown contractor.
                Hand inspection will explain how eagle is stitched, signs on and under the tabs, breast shadows.
                Very nice tunic a shame moth work.

Comment

Original insignia on an original tunic, with wear that's comparable. No reason to suspect this tunic is anything other than what it is now, based on these photos.

Very nice early boards!

s/f Robert

Comment

to good to be true? another attic find?
                    somehow the aging looks artificial to me, but maybe I am wrong.
                    the real attics finds are even more beaten up ...
                    the iron cross band sits also not there since over 70 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                      to good to be true? another attic find?
                      somehow the aging looks artificial to me, but maybe I am wrong.
                      the real attics finds are even more beaten up ...
                      the iron cross band sits also not there since over 70 years.
                      Depends on where the attic is, IMO. I have seen some wonderful tunics come out of basements and attics - and spare bedrooms - and sheds...you get the point.

Condition is based on proper storage. And this one wasn't stored very well.

s/f Robert

Comment

Army issue EM tunic with French cuffs? Were they added later? I would also like to see a close-up of the right breast area held flat.

Don

Comment

Don, it has been tailor modified for senior NCO wear. Sewn down lower pockets, leather-reinforced dagger slit, non-issue pointed collar, and the turnback cuffs. Started out as an original M36, though, to be sure and saw some upgrades.

The shoulderboard loop areas look to be well-mothed. Are the bottom of the board tongues also chewed up? If not, the tunic story could begin to unravel a bit. No tress on the collar - does it show signs of removal?

s/f Robert

Comment

That is an exceptional color match on the cuffs - I have to wonder if it was done straight out of the factory with the same bolt of cloth.

Don

Comment

It is a great match - I have one like this, and it was very nicely done. Can't tell the difference in the base uniform body, even up close in hand.

Comment

It certainly looks to be all original, although in rather unfortunate condition. It also looks to be an Army tunic that had the cuffs modified.
                                A rather strange set up with early shoulder boards, what appears to be earlier RZM runes, a later Bevo sleeve eagle and no collar Tresse.

CB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X