skull ss 373/43 perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skull ss 373/43 perfect

say that this contract number is false, I have never seen a skull so, a new fake ?? O rare original ??
    Attached Files

sssss
    Attached Files

Comment

an old fake, really

Comment

Truly hideous and VERY obvious fake ..... how can you think that thing is original !

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          Truly hideous and VERY obvious fake ..... how can you think that thing is original !

Ian
          I searched all over the web and I have not found a single one, please tell me where it finds other precise ?? Thank you, if you look at the other are different from this regards sergio

Comment

It's a VERY crude 2nd or 3rd generation of the fake 'Monkey Face' skull

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ferdinandmax View Post
              I searched all over the web and I have not found a single one, please tell me where it finds other precise ?? Thank you, if you look at the other are different from this regards sergio
              there are no original skulls marked "ss"

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
                there are no original skulls marked "ss"
                ok I will not say that it is original, but tell me where you saw one like this ?? regards sergio

Comment

as there is no SS marking

Comment

Yuck, thats an ugly one!

Comment

A very common fake with an added silver finish.

Chris

Comment

Didn't the original fake come from Austria in the 80's ?
                        The one that started this thread is as Ian stated 2/3 generation fake.
                        Quite obvious too in my opinion .... Junk
                        Regards
                        David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                          Didn't the original fake come from Austria in the 80's ?
                          Nope, this one comes from ye olde 5/8 Monkey Face of the early/mid 70's if not before. The numbers however DID come from those fakes.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                            Nope, this one comes from ye olde 5/8 Monkey Face of the early/mid 70's if not before. The numbers however DID come from those fakes.

Ian
                            Ian is spot on. Someone got creative and made a hybrid third-generation fake by replacing the 5/8 markings with the 373 markings.

Maybe he thought he was replacing bogus markings with good markings to make his Frankenstein more convincing, but, out of ignorance, borrowed markings from a different fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X