Cap skull needs opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap skull needs opinion

Anyone seen a cap skull with what looks like flat brass pins that have edges that look like they're serrated?

Yes there are very common to buy
    Most likely from the recent hoard found in Berlin
    Do a search and see what you come up with.
    Btw ... Welcome
    Regards
    David

Comment

They were shown on here recently, try a search

Comment

Skull

Considered by most collectors to be original. Not necessarily SS, as various Army Regiments also wore a cap totenkopf.

Comment

Im not sure about orginality of those type skulls
          Peter

Comment

Are you talking about the style of the left? If you look closely there are serrated edges on the top and bottom on both pins. 100% original.
            Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion both skulls are not 100 % orginal (rather 100% not orginal)
              But this is my opinion and I could be wrong.
              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Funia View Post
                Peter
                Based off what? Just curious because I actually bought the one on the left on the e-stand a ways back and both items were shown on the forums already and given both a thumbs up. It was many years ago and I can't find the particular thread though.

Comment

These types are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Funia View Post
                    Peter
                    I fully agree with Peter!
                    These are not fine! The serrated prongs are even a tell sign for the faker, who can be found in the top/small hall (second row to left) on the Chiney show!
                    They were €5 each if you take more!
                    Most EU People know, but they sell good, so they let the illusion/lie live...
                    Last edited by Dmv; 02-10-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
                      I fully agree with Peter!
                      These are not fine! The serrated prongs are even a tell sign for the faker, who can be found in the top/small hall (second row to left) on the Chiney show!
                      They were €5 each if you take more!
                      Most EU People know, but they sell good, so they let the illusion/lie live...
                      FYI the skull on the right does not have serrated edges and is not even of the same type. It was just the only photo I had showing the serrated skull.

Comment

Skull

There doesn't seem to be any kind of general consensus on these so-called "Berlin Hoarde" skulls, as I believe they're called. This particular one may not even be one of those, as I remember them, as the details seem poor on this one. Personally, I don't know what to think of them. The prong serrations look cool, but, frankly, I can't see any reason at all for them. The bent prongs hold the insignia onto the cap - prong serrations on the edges serve absolutely no function, whatsoever, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by themilitaryman View Post
                          FYI the skull on the right does not have serrated edges and is not even of the same type. It was just the only photo I had showing the serrated skull.
                          The one on the right looks top! Correct material for early skulls instead of sheet metal on the fakes. Also has great detail, the left one has not!

Comment

Skull

Compare the skull on the left with the one just posted by Pavels 2005. His is original, and this one is fake, IMO. A comparison of the details tells all. The oxidized skull on the right looks ok, though.

Comment

Im afraid that Pavel's skull is also not orginal.
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X