• Show
Clear All

Rgt. 24 "DANMARK" Collar Tabs

These are from my collection

Backside

the same collar tabs

Comment

Collar Tabs in use

The Danish SS volunteer, Erik Westergaard, with Danmark collar Tabs.

-Sverri

Comment

Hi Sverri

I might be wrong, but as far I remember, these are not tabs from the SS Pz. Gren. Regt 24 Danmark but from the Ersatzkompanie Freikorps Danmark.

I can't tell wheter your tabs are real or not, but I have my doubt.
        I'm not sure if these tabs (with Danebrog) was ever made in the officer version?
        But considering how many officers there were in the Ersatzkompanie, these tabs (if real) must be very very rare!!!
        AJ
        Last edited by AJ; 12-18-2004, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Ers. Komp.

I have read that the Dnnebrog collar tab, only was used in the Ers. Komp. Freikorps Danmark, in Brobruisk.

The collar Tab was sold as an orginal, for alot of money

-Sverri

Comment

The did exist in officer version, but AJ is right they were only used in Ersatz Kompagnie Freikorps Danmark

J have a picture of an officer wearing it. As for this one J have my doubts due to the construction of the flag, but then again J never had the officer version.

Regards Jens

Comment

Hi Sverri

Yor are right, if the are real, the would have belonged to an officer from the Ersatzkompanie, Freikorps Danmark. But you wrote collar tabs from Regt. Danmark, there is a big differnce between these 2 units (Freikorps Danmark and the SS Pz. Gren. Regt. 24 Danmark)

As I'm not sure if the set is good or not, I would like to hear what others think of it?
              AJ

Comment

My Mistake

I know, it was my mistake. Of cause theres a big diffrence between Rgt. 24 and Frikorps Danmark

They where bought from an Swedish WW2 "dealer"

-Sverri

Comment

This thread should be very interesting! Looking forward to hear opinions from the experts!

Cheers
                  Øyvind

Comment

Here is my collar tab for Frikorps Danmark..I have never seen any one considered authentic that looked like the officer version in this thread. Dosen't mean it isn't..just staing what I have seen and held. They should all pretty much look like this one.

Greg

Comment

Hi

Here are a some more from a nother danish collection, unfortunatly not mine.

Comment

Collar Tab

Nice ones!

I think the one Jacob posted looks alot like the one i posted.

-Sverri

Comment

The armshield looks like a copy of the 'Dachau' pattern: I haven't seen one like that before.

Comment

Hi

The fact that the tabs you posted look like the ones Jacob posted, doesn't necessarily means that yours are original.
                            I would like to know, if Jacob can tell for sure, if the tabs he posted are original?

As I said in my previous post, any officer tabs from the Ersatzkompanie, Freikorps Danmark, must be concidered as very very rare, as only a very few would have been made. And now suddenly two matching (!!!!) pairs appears. Without knowing much about WSS cloth, I still find it very quesstionable, considering the chances of finding a matching pair, that these tabs are pre-May 1945 made
                            AJ
                            Last edited by AJ; 12-19-2004, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Well J must say that any tab with a danish shield must be aquired with outmost caution. They are so rare, and were used only in a VERY short time.

Without starting a big battle, J see no reason why there should be made a rank tab very similar to the "Ersatz"-collarpatch. Why not use the stocks already produced.

There have been a maximum of 5, j say again,5 officers wearing this patch.
                              J have only seen 1 Picture of such (copy in my possesion).

J also see no reason to produce a "Ersatz"-collar in 1945 in Dachau, for unit which was discontinued 2 years earlier, (Forbidden 2 year and 9 months before)

J have a letter from the former Adjudant of the former Freikorps Commander where it was abondoned allready in the autumn of 1942 !

J have yet to see a danish collar on this forum that J would be sure of.

regards Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X