SS INF Scharfuhrer Boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS INF Scharfuhrer Boards?

An acquaintance sent me these boards in the mail today.
    They look good to me but I'm no expert. They pass the blacklight test. Is my ID correct?

b1.jpg

tress is 9 mm

b2.jpg

[ATTACH]3108988[/ATTACH]

Comment

They would not be ones I would buy, I would pass based on the photos.

Comment

Sorry they look like ones made by SM Wholesale years ago. IMO

Comment

Thank you ht. and Scott! The construction of these boards was excellent. Without your thumbs down I would have been fooled!

I will return these boards and make no offer on them.

I found original examples on Weitzes site. Originals seem wider, edges a lot less ragged, and tress not subdued.

Comment

You're welcome USMC, glad to help. I was burned on several pairs from a few European dealers in the mid 90s that I trusted, and finally decided to really study up on these. They are still a minefield. The ragged edges on the black tongue is in my opinion bad sign from the get-go. There are several other bad signs on these. A few years ago a large pile of original boards in many colors were found. They were all unissued and mint, and these are one of the only types that today I trust, I purchased as many sets as I could afford, and still occasionally see them being offered.
            If you study some of the boards posted on the forum as good, you will come across some subtle differences. Unfortunately, those who make them to deceive will also eventually pick up on these details and incorporate them, further muddying the water.
            Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 01-15-2015, 01:17 PM. Reason: Ipad siri is horrible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X