Waffen SS EM/NCO visor cap by "Pekuro"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS EM/NCO visor cap by "Pekuro"

Waffen SS EM/NCO visor cap by "Pekuro"..... is this a good period piece?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

doesn't have the velvet attached stirndruckfrei system of other Pekuros, is this just a lesser grade for em/nco's?

Comment

Cap

Originally posted by drbill View Post
        doesn't have the velvet attached stirndruckfrei system of other Pekuros, is this just a lesser grade for em/nco's?
        This hat was not made by Pekuro IMO. It was manufactured by another source (perhaps KZ manufactured) and then marked and sold through Perkuro. Hat is a very nice original example.

Comment

It looks OK to me as well but i cannot find specific PEKURO signs as well
          Still a nice one IMO

Comment

Franky.
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Cap

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
              Franky.
              Strongly disagree.

Comment

franky?

well, I must say if as Stonemint says franky, it is at least a very well done Franky!!

Comment

I agree with Chis, even with these pics there are some tells of changed pieces, eg sweatband, cap band etc.

Comment

2 more pics for those who are on the fence:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Cap

2 more pics for those who are on the fence:
                      Thanks for the additional photos. Aside from a possible period replacement/repair of the sweatband, I stand by my opinion of overall originality. A Perkuro "OEM" cap.

Comment

In case anyone is interested, an Officer version of this cap is available here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/151557294858?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I do not believe that the Peküro lining is original to the cap given the photographs.

Don

Comment

Cap on ebay

In case anyone is interested, an Officer version of this cap is available here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/151557294858?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
                            The cap on ebay is a fake trying to be an OEM Perkuro. Whoever made it added the Stirndruckfrei feature, which is incorrect for this type hat.

Comment

Originally posted by PMan View Post
                              The cap on ebay is a fake trying to be an OEM Perkuro. Whoever made it added the Stirndruckfrei feature, which is incorrect for this type hat.
                              I noticed that cap on Ebay too, I was wondering about the aluminum peak stiffener. I thought this was correct of late war Perkuro caps too? Comparing it to others, it seems to be missing the two lines of text below the markers logo (though the pics do not show that deal well enough, it could be worn off). It also sure does seem that someone tinkered with it, I mean removing the chinstrap buttons & chinstrap, pulling down the lining, removing the eagle and totenkopf...

This would have been an example of a very late war Perkuro that is without a celluloid diamond.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X