Happy new year !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow !!

This looks awesome to me, Outstanding pieces. I'll hope I will find only one too

Comment

I'm not sure if you know this, but the 1988 French military magazine shows pictures of the southern California historical reenactment group, the 1st SS Panzer Division. It is composed of largely reproduction gear and uniforms. I would not rely upon this source for information on what constitutes original material. I don't think the veil is original from the new pictures shown, granted, just my opinion.

Comment

Sorry. It is fake. Incorrect materials. Incorrect printing. Incorrect construction. Incorrect band. Incorrect weave. Literally nothing is correct other than a "general similarity" to originals.
        French magazine pictures a reproduction as well.

Comment

if you just know one..

If you know one for me just give me a call.

Will pay a nice amount for it.
          Originally posted by Chris D. View Post
          Sorry. It is fake. Incorrect materials. Incorrect printing. Incorrect construction. Incorrect band. Incorrect weave. Literally nothing is correct other than a "general similarity" to originals.
          French magazine pictures a reproduction as well.

Comment

Your veil is a reproduction made by a Frenchman in the early 80's. Incorrect materials, weave, etc.
            Nicely made, though not WWII.

This is one I made based off of current photos of surviving war time examples.

Comment

Below is an original mask. Note the cord, double weave, etc.

Comment

I don't mean to bash anyone here, just trying to educate.

Another one I recently made

Braided not twisted cord. Three piece construction, left and right sections twill weave, center section plain weave. Weft is double woven. Missing some other details but the next one will incorporate.

Comment

I think mine is one of the prewar example.
                  Because of it's original materials were made from artificial silk which was used after 1942.They called "Perlon (Nylon6)".
                  The construction of my vail is well crafted.
                  These examples came from Poland not France.

Regards,
                  Morio

Comment

Pre war examples are also braided rayon with cotton core, three-piece etc. but had the head band camouflaged as well. Other than that they were same as reissue in 42. Nylon 6 is just that- Nylon. These were never made in Nylon pre war because Nylon did not exist back then.

if you want an accurate reproduction veil I'll be glad to make one for you. I'll even make an envelope with Waffen SS stamps if you like.

Comment

Gee what was the name of that Company in France that had tunics made and everything else under the sun ? There was a guy named Bruno who worked for them and would try and pedal me faked officer tunics. I think it was HSC collectibles.

Comment

Hi,

Yes HSC. The collector and faker was P.-A. Caravano.

See You

Vince

Comment

Was that the shop he had outside Paris in the flea market?

Comment

Hi,

yes exactly. In the north of Paris, in St. Ouen. The shop is defunct for years.

See You

Vince

Comment

Vince,
                              I remember being there about 20 years ago. My friend used to always talk about his hot daughter!

Comment

Hi,

i bought a WH belt there in late 90's for sure as i got a "small" gift from a relative who gave me a mint SS buckle "O & C ges.gesch" they found during a move.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X