Poinions on some SS Officer insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks OK to me but it's not really my expertise so comments are appreciated.
    Attached Files

mmmmm
    Attached Files

Comment

nothing?

Comment

I don't see any problems. How about photos of the rank tab, shoulder boards, and overall tunic.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I really like the velvety type rune tabs with that type backround material...

Comment

This all looks very familiar. Once offered by Grenadier Military Antiques.

Comment

The hand-embroidered cuff band is superb!

Tom

Comment

The moleskin runic tab likewise

Ian

Comment

Not that I disagree with the opinions given, but so much for the "tight high quality" embroidery so many harp about.
                  Most collectors would dismiss a tab like that. Even the piping is the more suspect 2 strand variety and we dont even know what the reverse looks like.
                  Just goes to show that are no hard and fast rules regarding bullion insignia and judgements are often as not subjective.

CB

Comment

None of the insignias look bad. But I wish that I could remember the facts about this tunic because there was something about it that was discussed at one time. I want to say it is a restoration of an un-badged tunic LAH title added, but not a proven LAH piece, but I just cant remember or find the discussion.

Other than that very nice insignias.

Comment

Nice so called Karl Wolff style eagle, original rune tab and fake LAH cuff title.

Cheers
                      //Felix

Comment

You think the cuff title is fake? Please explain , sure looks nice to me and apparently everyone I've shown it to. I'll try get pictures up next week. BTW don't think this is the old Grenadier Military Antiques tunic .

Comment

What do you think of this cuff title and how it compares to the tunic example?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good call John, Apparently this tunic was sold about 9 years ago by Grenadier. Here are the pictures. I have a chance to pick it up reasonably but am curious to know what might have been said about it at the time.

Comment

hhhhhhhh
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X