SS sig rune paperweight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS sig rune paperweight

I recently purchased this paperweight from a local estate. Given to Bill Lampe this approx 3 1/2 inch high very heavy paperweight was taken by his friend as Buchenwald was liberated. It was later engraved on the base
    "From Maj EH Frick with General Patton in Germany 1945"
    I have a letter from the family stating how this was acquired and wondered if anyone has ever seen another like it. If I had to guess it was possibly one of a set of two runes that sat on a desk there in an office.

Would love to hear your thoughts on it....
    [IMG][/IMG]

Very obscure ....
    It does nothing for me
    Regards
    David

Comment

The Sig rune was the symbol of the DJ (Deutsche Jungvolk) ... the predecessor of the Hitler Jugend ... and therefore nothing to do with the SS.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        The Sig rune was the symbol of the DJ (Deutsche Jungvolk) ... the predecessor of the Hitler Jugend ... and therefore nothing to do with the SS.

Ian
        I agree. If period, I would consider this a DJ paperweight.

Comment

Can also be SS.

Comment

runes

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
            Can also be SS.
            would it have than not double runes ?

Regards
            Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              Can also be SS.
              Yeah, that's right Did you have to buy another 10 gallons of petrol and you got the other half to go with it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                Yeah, that's right Did you have to buy another 10 gallons of petrol and you got the other half to go with it ?

Enjoy your bath in cynicism and have fun.

I prefer seriousness so I add another SS cultural piece depicting a single Sigrune instead of the doubled version.

And no Ian, this is not a DJ piece - it is the Allach Sachsenurne, Allach K511 to be precise.

Happy collecting!
                Attached Files

Comment

Using some of the logic above....then this must be a jungvolk shield? I realize its a bindrune, just could not resist.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Metal Object with lightning bolt

Neat original relic from post war occupied Germany. Value, $20.

Comment

I think its gotta be something there could be a few more of made for a limited few....I'm sure we would all buy it for 20. but I think its only apprepo to see if you can follow the guys history on the weight. Show the bottom also if you might....interesting scoop .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X