No announcement yet.

Opinion on SS overseas cap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the book of Robert Kurtz - Afrika Korps - page 193 there is a pic of a nice WSS Tropical side cap, line in red linnen.

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

re

Originally posted by Robert Hassler
      Yes I mean also the tropical eagle, it is also in the collector interest what he likes or not. I see certain dealers/collectors they have a harder time to sell any tropical skull or eagle, and the regular W-SS insignias find much faster a new home. And I wouldn´t spend $350 for a tropical eagle at all because this is not that for what I look. But it is everybodys own choice.
      Robert ,I don,t want to be rude
      But are you sure ???
      We don,t talk about the common tropical SLEEVE-EAGLE and TROPICAL SKULL
      they are indeed very common to get and not so rare

we are talking about the TROPICAL CAP EAGLE
      sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

yes if anyone has an original string of tropical ss eagles for the overseas/billed cap..i ll take some..and some green ones and some brown ones and.....

Comment

Hello John,

nobody is rude at all, I just put in my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN
            Robert ,I don,t want to be rude
            But are you sure ???
            We don,t talk about the common tropical SLEEVE-EAGLE and TROPICAL SKULL
            they are indeed very common to get and not so rare

we are talking about the TROPICAL CAP EAGLE
            ...will somebody PLEASE sell him a tropical cap eagle,.....please
            Pieter.
            SUUM CUIQUE ...
            sigpic

Comment

SS tropical caps in Robert Kurtz/Afrikakorps book

In the new Robert Kurtz books (Afrikakorps - Tropical Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment of the German Soldier in World WarII), the SS tropical overseas cap on page 193 is owned by Willi Schumacher and was acquired through Bill Shea.
              The SS tropical field cap on page 178 is owned by David Bunch and was previously photographed/documented in Mike Beaver's classic "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" book on page 240. Both pieces are undeniably original period examples of SS tropical headgear.

Comment

re

Originally posted by dakcollector
                In the new Robert Kurtz books (Afrikakorps - Tropical Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment of the German Soldier in World WarII), the SS tropical overseas cap on page 193 is owned by Willi Schumacher and was acquired through Bill Shea.
                The SS tropical field cap on page 178 is owned by David Bunch and was previously photographed/documented in Mike Beaver's classic "Camouflage Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" book on page 240. Both pieces are undeniably original period examples of SS tropical headgear.
                Thanks dukcollector, I didn,t heard of this book
                Is it a nice one??
                and how much it cost??
                where do I get one???

greeting,s johnny
                sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN
                  Thanks dukcollector, I didn,t heard of this book
                  Is it a nice one??
                  and how much it cost??
                  where do I get one???

greeting,s johnny
                  IMHO, the Kurtz book on the Afrikakorps is really great but I must admit that I was very much involved in the publication ... my name is David Bunch and a large part of my DAK/tropical collection is photographed.

The book mostly covers tropical Heer, Luftwaffe and KM attire/insignia with only a very small sample of tropical Waffen SS material. The book is available through Schiffer publishing but you can also find it on EBay for around $70. Just do a search using the word "Afrikakorps". All the Best...

Comment

SS tropical

There are good period photos from the 4th&16th SS divisions showing tropical caps in use from Munin-verlag.Cheers Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X