Early SS LAH Artillery Pointed Shoulder-Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early SS LAH Artillery Pointed Shoulder-Boards

Hi, I would like to get some opinions on these early SS LAH (Leibstandarte) Artillery Pointed Shoulder-Boards.
    With embroidered logo, the logo looks correct compared to other early boards.
    The piping is in the silk-type.

Before spending a lot amount of money on them I would like to get some opinions.
    Thanks, Jim
    Attached Files

I don't have higher quality photos.

one more:
    Attached Files

Comment

Not original

Comment

Here are some original examples. The piping on these is a thicker type silk than the wartime boards, and they are normally made from a very fine grade of wool, almost like badge cloth.

Could you post a close-up of the piping and the topside of the buttonhole?

s/f Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

There were not many of these red-piped pieces produced, and those that were appear to be of a type - probably not too many batches and therefore not many variations, IMO.

Note the oval-shaped area on both buttonhole areas where the shank of the button should stick through.

s/f Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reactions.

As I did not buy the boards yet I can't provide good photos. I've one more photo which I will post now. I have to go and see the boards tomorrow. But it's a large amount of money and if they are questionable I'm not going to gamble on them.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've some better photos from the button-holes.
              Attached Files

Comment

and LAH logo
                Attached Files

Comment

I like the material the boards are made from, which is almost a felt-wool. It's finer than doeskin. The buttonholes and general construction are comparable to wartime pieces - but given these boards scarcity, be careful.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                    I like the material the boards are made from, which is almost a felt-wool. It's finer than doeskin. The buttonholes and general construction are comparable to wartime pieces - but given these boards scarcity, be careful.

s/f Robert
                    What about the rayon piping? are there known original "first pattern" boards with rayon pipng?

Comment

The weave looks like the rayon piping, but it is probably this material, which actually has a cording running through it as shown. It is a tougher, less "slick" type of piping than the wartime rayon / artificial silk type.

s/f Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                        I am resurecting this thread as I am looking for good images on these type of early shoulder boards for the LAH. I am specially interested in the model that was still lacking the waffenfarbe pipping.

http://www.kriegsberichter-archive.c...490/category/5

http://www.kriegsberichter-archive.c...491/category/5

Hope someone can help me. Detailed pictures, websites that might have examples, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X