No announcement yet.

Value on an SS marked blanket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth: I do not claim to know if the chain stitched RZM / SS markings on these blankets were sewn in prior to 1945. What I do know is that they have indeed been around for decades. I do not remember seeing one for sale since the 1990's or so. At that point in time, I do recall seeing a couple, but they were rare and I do not remember details. The examples I remember seeing did have believable age. I just wasn't interested enough in blankets to seriously research them with intent to possibly purchase one.

Alen

Comment

It's quite easy ... as requested post a single, clear, in-focus photo of the RF-SS label.

Simples.

Ian

Comment

We have one that came with a fairly advanced SS cloth collection we acquired. It had been packed so tightly in mothballs that we opened the box once, (almost passed out) looked inside saw what it was and quickly sealed it back up. I did not look to see if there was a cloth tag on it- but the next chance I get to take it outside (and not die from the fumes) I will try and get a close up pic of the label.
        http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jerry D View Post
          We have one that came with a fairly advanced SS cloth collection we acquired. It had been packed so tightly in mothballs that we opened the box once, (almost passed out) looked inside saw what it was and quickly sealed it back up. I did not look to see if there was a cloth tag on it- but the next chance I get to take it outside (and not die from the fumes) I will try and get a close up pic of the label.
          Cheers Jerry, not questioning yours but why doesn't the author of the thread just post his label ... Game Over.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X